Part III: Chapter 6

"Wait!"

We all paused in our path toward the docks to head back to the ship. An elderly man who Edmund identified quietly to me as one of the Lost Lords of Telmar strode forward holding a barnacle encrusted sword.

"That's an old Narnian sword!" Edmund remarked looking amazed.

I could not deny that I was equally amazed by it. I had not seen something crafted like this in so long.

"May I?" I asked holding out my hands.

"Of course," the lord nodded passing it to me, "This sword was gift from Aslan to protect Narnia. There are seven in total. Your father entrusted each of us lords with one."

I passed the sword to Caspian carefully. A cheer rang out from the people bringing a smile to all our faces.

"Thank you, my lord," Caspian said gently, "And we will find your lost citizens."

We then turned and continued to the longboats. I frowned briefly noticing Percy had vanished from my side. I glanced back and instantly smiled, seeing the reason. He was right beside Edmund gazing in awe at the sword which I assume Caspian had handed the young man. Both looked amazed by the sword.

We all returned to the ship and set sail once again. It was but a short time after we left the docks of the Lone Isles that I found myself standing atop the beautiful masthead of the Dawn Treader. A sudden clamor below deck, however, drew me away from the peaceful area.

"What's going on?" I asked Caspian just as Eustace came scrambling up to the top deck.

"I'm not quite sure," Caspian admitted with a chuckle.

Reppicheep soon appeared, sword drawn as he chased after the clearly terrified boy. The crew began to gather and watch the little match. I couldn't help but laugh as Eustace tried to fight the mouse. Reepicheep was calling out different tips helping the boy but he had many, many more years of practice. Still I will admit Eustace put up a good effort. Sort of.

The mouse warrior then suddenly slipped backwards falling from the railing. Eustace rushed to the edge with a fearful look. We all smiled as Reepicheep appeared on the other side of the railing and tapped Eustace with his tail.

The boy turned and the mouse leapt up hitting him with the sword again. Eustace fell backward causing everyone to erupt into boisterous laughter. He ended up hitting a barrel on his way down and it toppled right over. Out of the barrel tumbled a little girl. The men backed up muttering in surprise as she fearfully scrambled away from them.

"Who is this?" I chuckled as she sat there, gazing up at us with wide eyes. I then smiled recognizing her, "Hello, little one."

Opening my arms, I knelt down in front of her. She immediately rushed into my arms burying her head in my chest. I ran a hand over her hair gently.

"Gael," her father breathed in exasperation.

"It seems we have a stowaway," Drinian called out walking over.

Gael gripped my shirt looking fearful up at the stern looking captain. He approached slowly as I stood. She gripped my hand tightly in both of hers and tried to hide behind me. A small laugh left my lips at he reaction. Drinian chuckled as well, squatting down and holding out an orange with a small smile.

"Welcome aboard the Dawn Treader," he said gently.

She took the orange with a timid smile, "Thank you."

I straightened and took her hand. "Come along, dear. Let's find you a place to stay."

I took her below deck where Lucy happened to be sitting on her bed fiddling with her dagger.