Part I: Chapter 10

Peter

"AEWRYN!" I cried as she collapsed.

I felt my heart stop as fear flooded my veins. Edmund and Susan spun around as I ran to her side. A dark red stain was spreading across her silver armor. I scooped her up in my arms. Susan knelt next to us with a worried expression.

"Peter," Aewryn murmured as her eyes drooped.

"Lucy!" I shouted searching for my little sister.

She turned and gasped when she saw Aewryn in my arms. She ran over as fast as possible pushing Susan out of the way to kneel next to Aewryn. Lucy quickly uncapped her vial and let a drop slip into Aewryn's mouth. We all watched nervously waiting for it to take affect. Aewryn's breathing slowed and for a split second it seemed to stop. Then her eyes fluttered open. I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding as her forest green eyes met mine.

"How do you feel?" I asked gently stroking her cheek with my hand.

Instead of answering, she sat up abruptly hugging me tightly. I blinked in surprise looking to Susan with a confused look. She covered her mouth as she and Lucy began giggling. I rolled my eyes before hugging Aewryn back. Her arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. I held her close breathing in deeply. I could've stayed like that for hours but then Edmund ruined it.

"If you're gonna kiss, just do it so we can move on," he groaned from behind us.

I let go of Aewryn feeling my face redden. She rolled her eyes blushing as well. A deep chuckle echoed. We all turned to see Aslan standing there.

"Come children. The battle is won and it is time to start preparations for your coronation," he said turning, "Let us go to your new home."

**********************************************************************************************

I stood looking at myself in the large mirror in my room. The door opened and Edmund popped his head in.

"You ready?" he asked.

I nodded with a small sigh. He raised an eyebrow walking over.

"What's that sigh for? You're about to be crowned king," he chuckled.

"This outfit's a little uncomfortable though," I pointed out gesturing to the clothes we had to wear for the coronation.

"Yeah, but I bet Aewryn will like it," he snorted with a smirk.

"Shut up," I snapped feeling my face heat up.

He just laughed poking my face.

"Aw, look you're all red now," he teased, "Somebody's gotta crush."

"Alright say one more word and I'm gonna-"

"Boys, let's go," Susan cut me off sticking her head in my room, "Aslan's waiting."

"Not another word out of you about this," I hissed at Edmund before leaving the room.

We met with Aslan in front of a massive set of ornate doors. I took a deep breath as they swung open soundlessly. Aslan walked forward into the Great Hall. I followed behind him with Susan at my side. Lucy and Edmund followed behind us. On all sides Narnians stood clapping and cheering. I smiled at the amount of the excitement in the room. We each went and stood before the thrones designated for us. Aslan walked forward before nodding to someone off to the side.

"If you will do the honors, Aewryn," he called.

My jaw dropped as Aewryn stepped forward from the crowd. She was beautiful. Beautiful wasn't enough to describe her. Her hair had been curled and styled so that it fell across her shoulders in soft waves. Her green eyes sparkled happily. Her dress was a mix of green and blue hues that only seemed to add to her beauty.

"Close your mouth or you'll catch flies, Peter," Susan teased from beside me.

I sheepishly shut my mouth looking away from Aewryn. The Beavers and Mr. Tumnus stepped forward each with a pillow in their hands on which crowns were set.

"To the glistening eastern sea," Aslan announced loudly, "I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant."

Aewryn stepped forward taking the smallest crown from the pillow and walking towards Lucy. Lucy knelt as she placed it on her head.

"To the great western wood, I give you King Edmund the Just."

Edmund received his crown with a bright smile.

"To the radiant southern sun, I give you Queen Susan the Gentle."

Susan beamed kneeling as Aewryn placed her crown on her head. She then whispered something to Aewryn which made her blush. I looked to Edmund with a raised eyebrow. He shrugged in response.

"To the clear northern skies, I give you High King Peter the Magnificent," Aslan finished.

Aewryn walked towards me with the crown in her small hands. I smiled kneeling down as she set it on my head. As I stood, the crown tipped forward a little. Aewryn giggled pushing it back into place.

"'Magnificent' is a fitting name," she said with a small smile.

I looked down feeling my face heat up. She then turned away and walked to stand beside Aslan.

"All hail Queen Lucy! All hail King Edmund! All hail Queen Susan! All hail King Peter!" the whole crowd chanted.

I looked at my siblings with a wide smile. All of them smiled back at me. Together we turned and sat down on our thrones.

"Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen," Aewryn concluded the coronation with a wide smile.

Aewryn

I couldn't stop smiling as the party began. We had moved from the Great Hall to the Pavilion for the dancing part of the celebration. The dryads and fauns filled the hall with all sorts of beautiful music. In the center of the floor, Lucy and Susan were dancing with some of the Narnians. They looked so happy as they twirled to the music. The song switched to a slower one as several couples moved into the center of the room. I giggled noticing a young faun had asked Susan to dance.

"Why aren't you dancing?" Lucy asked with a smirk.

"Well this is definitely a partner song, Lu. And I don't have a partner," I laughed.

Someone cleared their throat behind us. I turned and was surprised to see Peter and Edmund. Edmund had a smug look on his face as he pushed Peter forward.

"Ae-Aewryn, would you like to dance?" Peter stammered out holding out his hand.

I blushed as Lucy shoved me forward. I looked back at her and gave her a playful glare. She giggled running off.

"I would love to," I answered taking his hand.

He led me onto the dance floor. I placed my hand on his shoulder as his came to rest on my waist. Slowly we began swaying to the music. I smiled up at Peter as we spun around the dance floor. I couldn't have imagined a better night.