Part I: Chapter 7

Aewryn

I laughed as Lucy dragged me along. We ran through the camp as fast as possible. Susan was already at the river waiting for us.

"What took so long?" she asked putting her hands on her hips.

"I had to ask Aslan to help me find Aewryn because she was busy making heart eyes at Peter," Lucy stated smirking.

I gasped pushing her slightly.

"I was not!" I cried, "We were just talking!"

"Uh huh, sure you were," Susan teased smirking as well.

"Oh hush up," I snapped playfully.

The sisters doubled over laughing. I rolled my eyes corssing my arms over my chest. I waded out into the water as they fell silent.

"How was the kiss?" Susan asked tauntingly.

"We were not doing anything of the sort!" I cried feeling my face burn with embarrassment, "Peter didn't kiss me."

"But I bet he wanted to," Lucy laughed.

I gasped as they both started laughing again. I reached down and splashed both of them. Both of them squealed. Then Susan splashed me back. Quickly a splashing war broke out. The three of us laughed and squealed as we played in the water.

"I miss this," Lucy said suddenly once we'd calmed down and started relaxing on the shore.

"Miss what?" Susan asked.

"The fun you," Lucy replied, "The one you used to be before the war broke out. Then you got all serious and boring."

I sat up watching the two sisters interact. Susan's face fell and she sighed.

"I'm sorry Lu. I hadn't realized," she murmured, "I'll try to do better."

Lucy smiled at that. The moment was ruined however by a low growl. The three of us whipped around to see the wolves had returned. I quickly shoved Lucy behind me reaching for my sword.

"We're tired, and getting bored of this so can you make it easier for us and just stay put. It'll be over quick, I promise," the leade wolf said panting a little.

"Get to the tree," I ordered the two of them.

They sprinted towards it as fast as possible. I backed towards the tree holding my sword in front of me. One wolf leapt at me. With a single swipe, I killed it. Right as another was about to leap at me, the sound of Susan's horn echoed out. I turned to see her holding it up. The wolves took advantage of my split second of dropping my guard. I cried out as I was knocked to the ground and a set of jaws clamped down on my arm.

"Aewryn!" Lucy and Susan cried.

I shoved the wolf off of me and slit its throat. I scrambled back quickly until my back was against the tree.

"You will die first!" the lead wolf growled bounding towards me.

Before it could reach me, Aslan and several of the Narnians appeared on the crest of the hill. Aslan roared causing the pack to freeze. I smiled at the sight of Peter with his sword drawn. He leveled it at the wolf who howled in response.

"Do you have the guts now, Little King?" it taunted, "I will enjoy finishing you off."

It snarled causing some of the Narnians to run forward.

"Stay your weapons!" Aslan boomed, "This is Peter's fight."

I stood slowly keeping my back against the tree. Peter's eyes flickered to mine. The fear in them made my heart hurt but I knew he simply needed encouragement. I gave him a firm nod and a reassuring smile. His fear seemed to disipate as he steeled his gaze and leveled his sword at the wolf. Without warning, the wolf leapt forward.

"Peter!" Lucy screamed as the wolf landed on him.

I held my breath waiting as the two struggled. Then the wolf began to rise. We all stared in silent horror. But then the wolf was cast to the side as Peter sat up his sword dripping with blood. The small knot in my chest loosened immediately and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Lucy and Susan climbed out of the tree and ran to him. He stood only to stumble backwards at the weight of both girls colliding into him. I smiled watching the siblings. The Narnians began cheering as well. Peter's handsome features were filled with joy and disbelief at what he'd done. Aslan walked forward and all fell silent.

"Clean your sword Peter," he instructed in his deep, low voice.

Peter wiped the wolf's blood off his sword with the grass. He then knelt before Aslan. A small smile formed on my lips at the sight of it. He was learning quickly the Narnian traditions.

"I name you, Sir Peter Wolfsbane," Aslan stated and another cheer rose up from the Narnians.

Peter rose slowly a smile never leaving his face. He turned around as if looking for something. His eyes met mine, and his smile widened. My heart fluttered strangely but I tried to ignore it as I walked towards him. As soon as I got close, he held out his hand. I took it gingerly only to be pulled into a tight hug. I gasped in surprise but my surprise faded away as I hugged him back. His arms fell around my waist gently as mine circled his torso. My smile returned as my head rested on his shoulder.

"Thank you, for believing in me," he murmured soft enough that only I could hear.

"I will always believe in you Peter," I promised pulling back to look him in the eye.

A sharp pain in my arm made me look down at it. Blood had begun to seep through my sleeve. I winced slightly at the pain. Peter grabbed my arm instantly examining it with a worried expression.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"It's just a small bite," I answered nodding, "I'll be fine."

"Why don't you head back and dress your wound?" Aslan suggested suddenly causing us both to jump apart a little.

Only then did I remember that we were in the middle of a large group of Narnians. Susan and Lucy were giving me smug looks. A heated blush spread across my cheeks.

"Peter it might be best you accompany her in the event the bite is worse than first perceived," Aslan added with a small smirk.

I looked at the ground now feeling my face burn with embarrassment. Peter looked as embarrassed as I did but nodded and held out his arm. I took it quickly unable to look at him still.

"Aewryn are you feeling well? You look a bit red," Susan called out teasingly as we walked by.

"Oh shut it!"