CHAPTER 3

Karan's P.O.V.

"Mom I'm back."

"Mom. Dad?"
I called them several times but didn't get any reply.

"Kedar uncle where are mom and dad?"

"Baba they went out for an evening walk. They will be back in some time"

"Oh. Okay. Thanks."

I nodded and moved to my room. After freshening up a bit I came out in balcony. It's been so long I did not spent some alone time. And my room's balcony is my favourite place to do so.

'This is so peaceful. The city, the view, the lights, the cool breeze everything gives so much peace. But something is missing. Life still feels incomplete. I've everything today, but I'm not able to find that missing part which keeps troubling me.'

I was so lost in my world that I did not even realise when mom came and sat beside me.

"Thinking about something?"

"Yes mom."

"What?" She asked me calmly.

" About life. Everything is perfect. Everything is beautiful, still it feels incomplete."

"This is because you need someone in your life Karan. With whom you can talk your heart out, with whom you can share everything, with whom you can be yourself, you can explore yourself more, you can be the actual you."

"Whoa whoa mom, relax. You went too far. And about that someone thing I have you all, you, dad , meenu, Poonam di, jeejs, Rohit everyone. I don't need anyone." I said to her. To which she chuckled and replied,

"That's what you think son. Every person in his or her life needs someone at a point of time. You can't fight your battles all alone. When you get tired from the whole world, there will be one person who will still be there to give you solace. Who will have your back, no matter what. Who will help you to grow. Who will love you like no one. And trust me sunny it's the most beautiful feeling it the world. Every person should experience it once."

"Do you and dad share the same kind of bond?"

"Yes dear since more than 50 years. And the bond between us grows stronger each passing day."

She left me baffled. Whatever  mom said felt so good. I had a sudden eagerness to know more about it. I was about to ask her some more questions but she said,

"Okay enough for today, we'll talk about it later. Now come downstairs fast for dinner. Your dad must me waiting." Saying this she left the room.

I sat there for a while thinking about whatever mom said. "Do I really need someone?" Maybe! May not be.

Chucking all the thoughts I went down and saw dad sitting in the drawing room and watching news.

"Hello old man."

"From which angle I look old to you son?"

"From every angle old man." I replied irritating him more. And he just made a bad face.

Soon mom joined us and we sat on the table for dinner. The Butlers served us and we were having our dinner with usual talks about how our day went.

"Is somebody home? Or everyone forgot me?" A voice interrupted us.

"Rohit!!!!" I left my food and ran towards the wash basin. After quickly washing my hand I again reached to the drawing room and saw my friend, Rohit standing there with a huge smile on his face and open arms.
We hugged each other and he patted my back.