CHAPTER 16

Karan's POV

"Good morning mom." I walked downstairs to the dinning table and found mom sitting alone. "Morning Sunny." She replied.

"Where's dad?" I sat beside her and she served me breakfast.

"He went to office today."

"Oh. Why so? Something serious?" I asked her further and she just shrugged.

"Let it be. Now you tell me have you guys decided the venue for your engagement and Rohit and Anu's wedding?" Which reminded me we all need to discuss about it.

"No mom, not yet. We will talk and let you know. As far as I know Rohit and Anu will either go for destination wedding or white wedding. And about our engagement, we can get engaged here itself. You just tell me the date." I said and she laughed.

"My son is whipped." She shook her head in disbelieve and I smiled.

"Okay mom. Now I'm leaving, Teja must be waiting for me. You too have your breakfast on time. Bye." I kissed her cheek and left for the office.

I sat in the car to leave for Teja's house and at the same time she called me.

"Where the hell are you Sunny. I'm waiting since last 15 minutes. You said you'll be here by 9:30. Look at the time." She cribbed over the phone and I bit my tongue.

"Good morning to you too Laddoo." I said and she realised she didn't wish me morning properly.

"Good morning Sunny. Where are you?" Her tone was clam which made me sigh in relief. "I'll be there in 5 minutes." I informed her and cut the call. I hate using phone while driving.

Within 5 minutes I was standing outside her house and now madam was nowhere to be seen. Great. I stepped out of the car and stood there leaning on the bonnet, crossing my arms on my chest.

Finally she came out after sometime and her smile grew wider when she saw me. "Sunnyyy!!!" She came running to me and I opened my arms for her. She crashed on my chest making me laugh. I lifted her a little while taking her in a hug.

"Good morning Sunny." She chirped.

"Now this is called a good morning." I said kissing her cheek and she smiled and kissed both my cheeks.

"Ohk! I'm getting so much love today. What's the matter?" I asked making her sit on the bonnet.

"Why? I can't do that? Do you have someone else for that?" Her mood changed within a blink of an eye.

"I did not say that Teja. I was just asking casually." I said calmly but madam was already pissed.

"No let it be. Let's go, we're getting late." She got down on her own and went inside the car, not having any other option I followed her.

"Laddoo what happened baby? I was just joking, I swear." I said and she nodded. This girl will drive me crazy someday. Well she's already doing that.

"Hmm. Are you starting the car or should I call the priest?" I glared at her and she glared back. "Fine. I'm starting, stop looking at me like that." I said and started driving. The drive till the office was silent. She didn't utter a word, I tried to start a conversation but she pretended like I don't exist for her.

We entered inside the office building and she collided with Vishakha. Fuck! Isn't this cherry on the top?

"Can't you see and walk." Teja snapped at her, she was about to say something but she saw me and kept her mouth shut.

"I was walking straight ma'am. You were busy in talking with sir." This girl is mad. Why the fuck she wants to argue with her.

"Let it be. Be careful from next time. Let's go Tejasswi." I said and she gave me an annoyed look.