CHAPTER 33

Karan's POV

12th February

"Designer Tejasswi Prakash and the businessman Karan Kundrra broke the internet by sharing their engagement pictures on social media. A few days ago Tejasswi  posted a picture in which she was seen flaunting a ring on her finger. Later, Karan commented on her  picture, 'Baby you just broke my WhatsApp.' fans assumed that they got engaged. But all the rumours turned out to be true when Karan confirmed it by sharing their engagement pictures on his Instagram. Here are some beautiful clicks of the couple."

I opened my twitter and this was the first thing to catch my attention. I scrolled down through the app but there was nothing new. Me and Tejasswi posted our engagement pictures a few days ago and they were still the talk of the town.

I smiled sadly looking at the pictures and kept my phone aside. Taking out another file from the drawer, I started to go through it. Although I didn't read a single word, I tried to convince myself that I was working.

My phone rang again and this time I didn't have a heart to disconnect it. Why was I punishing my friends and family unnecessarily? They were just concerned for me and that's why they were trying to reach me since the last two-three days. I informed mom that I was going to Jalandhar due to some work but my friends know me better.

"Yes Meenu." I said picking up the phone and as expected she started throwing her questions.

"Where the hell are you Sunny? It's been three days, you didn't show up at home. You can fool mom but not me. I know you are in Mumbai so stop this and...."

"I'm at the office Meenu and I'll come home tonight." I replied in the most calm tone.

"What are you doing in the office? And why did you go there? I mean you didn't come home?" She did not expect me to be in the office. But that was the safest place to hide from everyone and keep my mind sane.

The day we fought, I went to the beach house and stayed the night there. I mentally laughed at myself, thinking about the reason for going there. There was a little hope left in my heart that she'll realise her mistake and come to me. But no. I was wrong. Actually I was stupid. Neither did she realise her mistake not did she come back. Or maybe she never tried to know. Maybe she didn't want to know?

"What do you want me to do Meenu? Sit and sulk at home for my entire life. I can't be doing that, right? I've a business to run." I asked being pissed at her senseless question.

"I didn't say that Karan. But I was worried, we all were worried. Please come home." She said calmly from the other end and I sighed.

"Hmm. I'll be there at night and I'm sorry for my behaviour. " I replied apologetically.

"Umm.. one more thing. Mom has invited everyone for dinner tonight."

"Everyone as in?" I asked. No man. Please no. I didn't want to let the elders know that we fought. Moreover I didn't want to face Tejasswi. I knew I would end up fighting with her or saying things to her which I'll regret later.

"All three families, Jessica and Prisha."

"Fine. I'll try to be there on time but I can't promise anything." I did not lie to her as I knew what would happen if we came face to face. I didn't want the things to get awkward for both of us. And we won't be able to fake it for a long time in front of everyone.

But eventually they will get to know. I don't know how will they react to the news of our seperation. How we will explain it to them? Especially me. Because if we think practically, It would be really easy for her to say that I cheated on her. But how will I prove my innocence in front of everyone when I couldn't do that in front of her.