CHAPTER 39

Karan's POV

I patted my hand on the bed once again, in search of her but I got disappointed. The bed was empty and there was nothing except a pillow beside me.

I wasn't in a mood to get up early in the morning so I decided to sleep a little more. I turned to the other side, hugged the pillow and closed my eyes again but sleep was already out of my eyes. I tried different positions but nothing worked. At last I got pissed and decided to get up.

I heard the door getting opened and then Tejasswi entered the room. She came and sat beside me on the bed and I pretended to be in deep sleep. She gently caressed my face with her soft hands and then kissed my forehead. She waited for a few seconds and then finally shook me.
"Sunny.. Sunny get up."

"Hmm." I said and turned towards the other side. "Sunny it's 11 AM. Please get up." She pleaded again and I just hummed. I was wide awake but I didn't want to leave the bed.

She forcefully made me turn towards her and lied down on me completely. Her upper body was touching my upper body and our lower bodies were also in contact, the only barrier was the duvet. Her chin was on my chest and her hands were busy in doodling something above my heart.

"Sunny, we have to go to Anu's place for lunch. Get up na." She said tapping her hand on my chest and this time I opened my eyes.

The moment I opened my eyes, I saw her angelic face and her priceless smile. "Good morning baby." She chirped loudly and smooched my cheek. Indeed it was a good morning. At least it didn't start with false hopes, longing and disappointment.

"Morning, Tejasswi." I replied and smiled back at her.

"Still sleepy?" She asked when I yawned and I nodded. "A little."

"Oh.. you can sleep in the afternoon after lunch but we will get late if you sleep now." She said politely and I pouted.

"Is it really important to go Tejasswi? I'm tired. Also I'm not in a mood to leave the bed." I told her honestly and she gave a sad smile.

She placed a hand on my heart and started rubbing it over the duvet. "It's really important Sunny. It's been more than a week baby, we haven't talked to them properly. They all were equally stressed due to our fights and everything. We owe them an apology." She explained to me, calmly and that's when I realised that we actually ruined their valentine's as well.

I remember how excited Rohit was to celebrate his first valentine's after marriage. I remember that Prisha had planned the valentine's week for both of them and how Prateek was cribbing in front of her to tell him something about her surprises. Everything got ruined, all thanks to our stupidity. Fuck man! We spoilt it all. Our friends didn't deserve a valentine's like this.

"You are right. We shouldn't skip it. Let's go, meet and apologise to them." I said and helped her to get down from me.

"I'll be down in an hour." I said and started walking towards the washroom.

"Do you want me to prepare something for breakfast?" She asked before I entered and I replied after thinking for a while, "Hmm. Prepare something light, coffee and toast would be fine."

She nodded and left the room and I went inside. I chuckled looking at the condition of the place. Our clothes were scattered here and there, packets of used protections were still on the floor, the loofah was having a great time in the bathtub and shampoo bottle was still under the shower. Indeed, we made the best use of this place last night.

__

Exactly after an hour, I walked down the stairs and found her sitting on the dinning table with her phone in her hand. She was so busy with her phone, that she didn't notice me standing in front of her.