CHAPTER 18

Karan's POV

"Sunnyyy" She came running to me as soon as she walked off the stage and I went to the green room. I knew she would need me there.

"Careful baby." I said chuckling but she didn't listen. She kept on running with that long, heavy gown without fearing about anything. As she came closer I opened my arms and she jumped on me making me lose my balance a little. Talking the support of the nearby wall I stood back properly and held her securely. 

"How was it?" This was her first question and as a reply I just pecked her lips multiple times. "You were so so sooo good Laddoo. I couldn't take my eyes off you." I said and she thanked me by kissing my cheek.

"Really?" She asked again to assure herself and I nodded. "Now get changed we have a press conference to attend." The moment I mentioned about the press conference her expressions changed. I know how much she hates facing the media and being in limelight, but it was important.

"Is it necessary Sunny?" She asked with a ray of hope that I would say no, but that didn't happen. "Very much." I said with a serious face.

"I don't want to attend that stupid press conference. I know their questions already. Ma'am are you dating someone?
Ma'am we've seen you with Mr. Karan Kundrra many times, is there something going between you guys?
Sir please tell us the reason behind collaboration with Miss. Prakash?" She kept on blabbering and I chuckled.

"Why don't you join them? You'll do a great job." I said and she hit my shoulder. "Sunny yaar." She cribbed again.

"Okay I'm sorry but on a serious note, get ready fast we're getting late." I said looking at me watch and she nodded. I left the room after talking to her for a little more time.

"All set son?" Dad asked me as I went to the family and stood beside him. "Yes dad." Baba asked the same and I replied positively to him as well. Being big names in the business world these two are well aware of how the things work here.

"Mom, It's already 10:30. I think you all should leave now." I said looking at all of them and they nodded. There was still time for the press conference. "Okay. But Sunny take care of her. And please don't lose your calm, I don't want to read an article on how Karan Kundrra broke someone's bones." She said making us chuckle.

"Here I'm saying something serious and you people are laughing?" She said in disbelief.

"It depends upon their questions mom, if they cross the line then I can't promise you about anything." I said and she shook her head.

"Fine. But take care of my daughter." She warned me again. I don't know what magic Laddoo did on these two? They treat me like I'm just her body guard and not their one and only son.

"Ya ya your daughter." I replied and she smiled.

"Bye everyone." They all went and now just me and Rohit were left. "Did you talk to her regarding that matter?" He asked as soon as they left.

"Which matter?"

"Regarding announcing your engagement?"

"Ya. It was our mutual decision." I told him and he nodded. We kept on talking for some time and then the girls joined us.

"Karan, Teja I think you guys should go now." Anu said and Tejasswi made a bad face. "I'm still saying let's drop the idea and go somewhere to party hard." She said coming near me and I glared at her.

"Shut up idiot. Everything will be fine, Sunny will be there with you." Anu assured her again and she nodded.

"Okay guys we will take your leave now. Bye Sunny. Teja all the best dear. Don't stress yourself much." Rohit said patting her cheek and they both hugged her.