CHAPTER 23

Karan's POV

"Sunny are you sure you packed everything properly? I shouldn't see you cribbing over there about forgetting something." Teja warned me and I rolled my eyes at her futile warnings.

"I'm not a kid Laddoo and don't worry mom did my packing." I replied giving her a sly smile and got a glare in return. "When will you get responsible Sunny? You made mom do your packing? When will you learn it?" She asked in disbelief and layed down beside me.

"What's the need to learn it now, when I have you with me." I said grabbing her waist and jerked her towards me. "Oh. By the way why did you call me here tonight?" She asked circling her hands around my neck.
The moment I looked at her face I found her eyes a little swollen. Also she wasn't smiling like usual.

"I wanted to spend some quality time with my girlfriend for the last time." I said kissing the tip of her nose and she frowned in confusion. "Last time?" She asked.

"After four days, you won't be my girlfriend. You'll take a step forward to become Tejasswi Kundrra."

"It sounds so good, doesn't it?" I said after taking a pause and she shook her head.

"I'm not changing my surname mister. No matter how good it sounds." She declared and I pouted.
"Why?" I asked brining her more close to me and hovered over her. Taking support of an elbow, I started playing with her hair with my free hand. "I like my surname, why should I use yours? Also it completely fits with my name." She replied confidentiality and I bit her chin hard.

"Then let's change your name. How about Laddoo Kundrra? Hmm?" I asked and she slapped me lightly. "Shut up Sunny."

"Laddoo yaar, you never listen to me. Just think of it once, it sounds so good." I still argued with her but she didn't entertain me further. "No means no." She said.

"Fine." I replied and she just nodded. I found a sudden change in her behaviour and the reason was unknown to me. She wasn't talking wholeheartedly, just replying to my questions. Something was definitely wrong with her, it was evident on her face and I was trying hard to lighten her mood.

"Sunny I'm tired, I want to sleep." She said in a low voice and I nodded. I got down from her and waited for her to come sleep like she we always do. But she turned her back towards me and saying a 'goodnight' she switched off the lamp.

I stayed silent for a few minutes but was getting restless. Teja never avoids someone until and unless she's very stressed about something or she's angry with the person. As far as I remember I didn't do anything wrong so wasn't a chance of her getting angry with me.

I waited for some more time but I was well aware that she wasn't asleep, she was wide awake. I shifted more towards her. Sliding my hand in her waist, my fingers moved from her waist to her stomach and caressed her skin gently. She gasped at my sudden action but soon relaxed under my touch.

Giving a light peck on her shoulder I called her softly, "Baby." She didn't reply but kept her hands over mine, on her stomach. "Laddoo." I called her again and this time she turned around and hugged me tightly, making me lose my grip on her.

I again wrapped my arms around her and tried to pull her more close if it was possible. "What happened." I asked kissing her head and as a reply she sniffed making me scared.

"Teja? Baby what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I tried to make her look up but she was glued to my body. "Tejasswi what happened? Did you fight with someone? Or did someone say anything to you? What's wrong?"

"Pra.." She said while hiccuping. "What did Pra do?" I asked her softly and she looked at me finally. The moment she looked up I frowned seeing water in her eyes. Not just her  eyes even her lashes were wet and her lightly smudged eye makeup made her look more beautiful and innocent. Her face was red due to crying and she was looking no less than a tomato. I rubbed her cheeks to wipe the tears from her face but another set of drops was already waiting to come out of her eyes. 'I swear I'll kill Prateek if he did something stupid.' I thought.