Chapter 7 - the decision

You open your eyes and notice Horikemo placing a Towa doll on the desk as he smiles.

Horikemo: "Ah, welcome back hololovers !"

Horikemo: "In the poll I had made on my profile it seemed the majority of people who answered seemed to like hololovers more, so we'll be using that from now on !"

Horikemo: "I wanna apologize in advance that some of parts of the chapter may seem a little off, I was well... rather tired cause I ended up writing for around 4-5 hours straight yesterday heh-"

Horikemo: "Also this chapter is rather large, in fact it's 11k words long, so I hope you enjoy !"

Horikemo: "Now then, I think it's about time we get into the chapter, enjoy !"

*POV Y/n:*

While waiting for the next person I have this warm feeling of comfort all throughout my body and I can't help but smile.

Y/n: "Hey Fauna, it's nice to see you again."

Art: https://yande

Art: https://yande.re/post/show/942406

She smiles as the scenery around me changes from a black empty void, to that depicting of a forest.

Fauna: "Hello Y/n, how have you been enjoying your time here ?"

Y/n: "Isn't it a bit early to ask that ?"

Y/n: "I did just arrive, but since you did ask... it's been interesting to say the least."

Y/n: "It is nice to see something other than the void I won't lie."

I sit down and lean against at a tree, Fauna joining me by sitting down on my left side.

Fauna: "I've been meaning to ask Y/n."

Y/n: "Go right ahead."

Fauna: "How come none of these interactions with the others have scared you in the slightest ?"

Fauna: "I've seen you interact with the other members of the council, yet you never seemed to be scared."

Y/n: "It's not that they don't scare me, trust me."

Y/n: "You know it's okay to be scared of the unknown, that's a normal human reaction, but instead of showing that fear I instead try my best to put a brave smile, no matter the situation, because in the event the unknown means only the best for me I don't want it to see me in a weak state... as edgy and dumb as it sounds, I essentially mean, in my last moments... I want to be smiling."

She doesn't say anything and instead just smiles, the only noise between us now being the sounds of the forest denizens, yet they are no where to be seen.

Y/n: "I don't know how to really explain it, but for some reason whenever I'm near you I feel the most calm I have ever felt, like nothing in the world could hurt me."