Chapter 19 - the truth is hard to swallow

You find yourself in the void as usual, noticing it's pitch black as someone calls out to you.

Horikemo: "Ah... hello hololovers, sorry about the darkness !"

He smiles as he flicks on a lighter, the flame slightly showing him, he seemed to be tired as there were noticeable eyebags.

Horikemo: "Isn't it funny how much a flame is like a life if you think about it ?"

Lowering the lighter he lights up a candle and slides it over to you, smiling all the while as he doesn't look away from the lighter, its flame flickering every now and then.

Horikemo: "You see... that candle you have there isn't no ordinary thing... it represents someones life... and any moment ?"

Horikemo: "It could just die out any moment... so many things that could make it die out as well, too many things to count technically !"

Lightly chuckling he snaps his fingers and turns on the light in the room, the candle still burning bright as ever, Horikemo tosses away the lighter and smiles while looking at you.

Horikemo: "Anyways !"

Horikemo: "We had a power outage it seems haha !"

Smiling he picks up his cup of tea and takes a sip, sighing in relief afterwards.

Horikemo: "I don't have much to say honestly... other than that I hope you've had a great day so far and are enjoying life to the fullest !"

Horikemo: "Hmm... stay hydrated, eat enough and... I hope you enjoy this chapter haha !"

*3rd person POV of ???:*

Civ stares at the person in front of them confused, as they slowly step closer, a smile visible on their face, soon they were standing clearly in front of Civ, wearing a red hoodie as they seemingly stare directly into this soul.

Civ: "Who... who are you ?"

???: "Ah that ain't important mate !"

???: "What is important... is that I got a deal for ya, sound good don' it ?"

Civ: "...What do you mean by that...?"

Smiling they hold out their hand, as Civ shakes their head stepping back, refusing to do anything that could ruin their peaceful afterlife... for now.

Civ: "I'm not shaking your hand till I know who you are and what you want..."

???: "Well if that's the case, let's go to a place a lil' more familiar to me !"

They snap their fingers as the two of them find themselves in a small room, two chairs in it, one behind them and another behind the person in front of Civ, they proceeed to sit down, smiling and motioning for them to do the same.

Civ: "Why should I sit down ?"

Civ: "For all I know this could be a trap that might take my soul or such."

???: "Come on my dude, my bro, my homie, stop being so skeptic will ya ?"

???: "So just trust lil' ol me for once !"

Sighing he sits down and looks around, noticing the room the two were in was surprisingly clean, although it had a pretty big theme around the color red and black.

???: "Now then... I'm sure ya are familiar with the name "Time" ain't ya ?"

Hearing the name Time get mentioned; he grits his teeth and turns to the person in front of him, slamming his fist on the table.

Civ: "Familiar with the name ?"

Civ: "ONLY FAMILIAR !?"

Civ: "HE FUCKING TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME !"