Chapter 24 - final dance

Horikemo: "Ah hello hololovers !"

Horikemo: "While it's nice to see you again, I have to admit I also almost despise seeing you again... in a good way !"

Horikemo: "Seeing as... you'll be gone very soon I almost don't wanna look at you anymore... haha !"

Horikemo: "But... the end is important in all things, even your story..."

Horikemo: "There's no use fighting it, no point trying to change it, instead... I'll have to accept that very soon you'll be gone haha..."

He sighs and takes out the same hourglass from under his desk, the sand was almost running empty now as he had a bittersweet smile on his face.

Horikemo: "We had so much time, we had a lot of fun, we shared quite a bit of pain, but when it comes down to it... perhaps we didn't cherish every moment enough."

Horikemo: "I've had my fair share of troubles and I have tons of regrets I'll be honest !"

Horikemo: "One of them, bringing me here in this first place, but that's a story only some of you may know !"

Horikemo: "Ah there I go talking too much again... you're not here to listen to me rant on and on to no avail, you're here to see the story come to a conclusion !"

Horikemo: "So, my dear friends... hololovers, I hope you enjoy this chapter, after all... there are only a handful left."

He chuckles and bows in the last moments...

*POV Y/n:*

I cough violently, having gotten Mumei barely off of me, once I finally regained my composure I slowly looked up with widened eyes at her, noticing she wasn't one bit anymore like the girl I knew...

Y/n: "Mumei what the fuck...?"

She smiled as sweetly and innocently as ever while looking at me, in one swift motion she then took out a dagger from her side, playing with it as if she had years and years of experience with it.

Mumei: "What's wrong Y/n ?"

Mumei: "I heard so many great things about you from everyone, so many great things I even forgot in fact !"

Mumei: "And yet somehow the miserable, puny and weak girl I was without my memories liked you~"

Mumei: "If that's romantically or as a friend you'll have to figure out hehe !"

Mumei: "But that's enough talking for now, I'm here to have fun with you and the only way I can have fun is..."

I stare at her in almost disbelief as her smile doesn't fade one bit, although as soon as I blinked, she had a eery smile, one that felt more... driven by bloodlust, by anger, purely out to kill me and nothing else, hell even her face wasn't the same anymore... it's as if she was wearing a mask of sorts now, where her eyes were only rather large black circles remained with small red dots, her smile although sweet before was now much wider and felt.. forced...

Mumei: "If I see you frown, every bone in your body broken, twisted apart, cut up like a thanksgiving turkey~"

Y/n: "What in the name of chaos-"

Before I could even properly react she was already all up in my personal space, going straight for my throat with the single dagger she wielded, although I couldn't react in time... nothing happened, a bright light flashing before me, blinding me completely at first until it slowly started dying down.

???: "I believe this concludes your party."

Reality itself felt and looked as if it was... changing, bending around this one person, this only causing me to stare more and more at them with widened eyes, everything feeling so... out of this world and mesmerizing almost.