nineteen

"wha—'good?'" ariana breathed, her cheeks red. "what does that even mean?"

y/n giggled to herself, nudging ariana with her side. she didn't answer her and just kept laughing, making ariana do the same by default. "y/n! what does that mean?" she laughed.

y/n's laughs died down into deep giggles as she turned to ariana. "it means it's good that you like me because i like you too, dork."

ariana's eyes widened and her jaw dropped, shocked as y/n retuned her confession. "wh-what?! you do?!" she screeched, grabbing y/n by the shoulders and forcing her to look into her eyes. "y/n please don't fuck with me right now!"

y/n laughed again, "i'm not fucking with you ariana. i really do like you."

   ariana smiled so big she thought her skin would rip, her cheeks a bright red. "wait, but what about alexa? i though you guys—" y/n blew her off with a wave of her hand.

  "no, we were never serious or anything. we both agreed that it would just be a fling, you know. and plus, she likes this guy named tristen anyway, and she kinda already knows that i like someone too. she just doesn't know that it's you." she explained, shrugging her shoulders like it was so simple.

   y/n laid back with the towel still wrapped around her waist, clasping her hands over her stomach. "what're you thinking about?" she hummed, glancing at ariana who sat still at the end on the bed.

   ariana smiled as she looked back, all traces to tears gone from her cheeks. she made her way up the bed and flopped on her stomach beside y/n. "how do you know i'm thinking of something?"

   y/n smiled back even bigger. "one of your dimples pop out, like, super big. like, more than usual. and your eyebrows furrow, that's how i know." as she finished, she stood up and walked back over to her bag, fishing out a pair of sweatpants and boxers.

   "anyway," she breathed. "tell me what's up. and turn around. if you peak i'm leaving." y/n giggled as ariana turned around, covering her eyes too.

   "i don't know," ariana shrugged as y/n began to change behind her. "just happy and thinking about you."

   y/n smiled. "what are you thinking about me?" she finished pulling up her sweats and began to walk back to the bed, resuming her position and telling ariana she could turn back.

   "about all the dates you'll take me on," ariana giggled, kicking her feet behind her like a giddy child. y/n raised her eyebrows. "who said i'd take you on dates?"

   "i did. plus, if you want to date me you have to take me out first." ariana smirked, scooting closer to the taller woman. "ah, i see. you're conventional when it comes to dating, huh?" y/n whispered, her finger tapping against her stomach.

  ariana blushed, hiding her face into the mattress. she usually wasn't "conventional" when it came to dating, but almost every relationship of hers that turned to shit started with them moving too quickly.

   she just didn't want that to happen with y/n and her.

   y/n laughed as she rolled over, swinging her arm over ariana's waist. ariana peaked out from behind her hands, her blush deepening when she saw y/n hovering over her.

   "it's okay," y/n whispered with a small smile. "i wanna go slow with you too." ariana's lips spread into a wide smile as she removed her hands from her face instead wrapping her arms around y/n's neck.

   y/n giggled as she laid down, ariana's head resting on her chest. "you're staying the night, by the way." ariana demanded, looking up at y/n who was already looking at her.