Chapter SIXTY-EIGHT

Elijah's P.O.V

I shut my eyes as soon as I heard the gunshot. Opening my eyes slowly, Bex holding a gun that is pointed at Axel while he laid on the ground blood gushing from left lap. Where did she get the gun? Bex breathed heavily as her hand trembled in fear. Mrs Dwayne rushed towards Eddy and Zoey as soon as Axel fell on the concrete followed by a loud groan.

"Fuck! Kill her!" Axel yelled as the gunmen pointed their gun at Bex and cocked it. Axel was the man I saw in the frame with Luke and his mom. What does this man want with Alex and her mom? And how does he know her? He look happy in the picture, when did he become this way?

"Dad, no!" Luke rushed over to Bex's front and spread his arm wide to protect her. Axel struggled to stand up as he limped on a leg."You promised not to hurt her"

My gaze went to the pistol that was tossed to the ground when Bex shot Axel. The pistol was in the middle of the room but was closest to Alex. Alex glared at the pistol but I couldn't see her expression because her disheveled dark hair covered the side of her face like a curtain.

"Not when that bitch shot me!" Axel yelled still in pain. The gun man in black gloves helped him up as Axel leaned on him.

Bex's trembling hands slowly pointed the pistol to Luke's head. "You've h-hurt Alex enough. L-Let us go or I'll shoot him" she stammered in fear as Luke raised his hands in the air.

"Babe, what are you doing? Drop the gun, damn it!" Luke hissed under his breath at Bex.

Nick's gaze was danced from Bex to Alex. My heart pounded in my chest as Alex slowly crawled towards the gun like a predator. I gulped as she grabbed the grip of the pistol and lifted the gun, tightening her grip on it. Glaring at Axel whose back was facing her, she stood up with the gun in her hand.

Everyone was focused on Bex who had a gun pointed to the back of Luke's head. Well, everyone except Nick and I. My heart pounded in fear. Two people who had no clue on how to use a gun were in possession of it. I looked at Nick who was looking intensely at Alex.

He let out a contemptuous laugh and raised an eyebrow. "You think that will stop me from killing you?" he smirked. Luke looked baffled, probably trying to process what his dad has just said.

"W-What?" Bex blurted out as her stance faltered a bit. Axel's response caught her off guard as it did everyone. The room was so silent you'd hear a pin drop.

"Shoot him" Axel said looking Bex in the eyes.  Her eyes widened a bit as she gulped. "I always knew you would be a backstabbing bitch" he added.

"And you'd forever be alone" Alex said, catching everyone's attention. Axel turned around and he was met with a pistol pointed at him.

"You won't shoot me" Axel smirked. The gunman with a glove pointed his AK-47 at Alex while Axel leaned on him. The one with a bandana was pointing his at Bex. "Don't waste your bullets, she can't shoot" he said to the man wearing gloves. He slightly lowered his gun.

"Please. Please just stop. Are you enjoying this? Do you enjoy seeing us like this?-" She started, tears running down her face as her arms shivered.

"Yes. Yes I do" He cut her off, walking closer in slow strides. "If you shoot me, it won't stop. I will live in your memory and linger in your thoughts. The scars will never disappear, neither will the bruises. They will always be there to remind you of me. So do you think it will end if you pull the trigger?" He said, stopping when the tip of the pistol was touching his chest.

I looked at Alex, praying this doesn't go wrong. Although, our plan spoilt the moment Axel entered the room. "W-why?!" Alex broke down, her arms falling beside her and the pistol hung loosely in her palm before falling on the concrete. Axel bent hurriedly to pick the pistol from the ground but another gunshot rang.

Axel fell to the ground lifelessly, groaning in pain. Almost immediately, the one in bandana shot Bex in the shoulder after she fired the bullet and she fell to the ground as well. The one in gloves bent to help Axel. Nick ran towards the pistol that flew from Bex after getting shot. He picked it up and cocked it then rushed towards Alex, pushing her behind him.

"Everyone! Behind me!" Screams were heard everywhere and we all ran towards Nick as he shot the one in the bandana in the stomach making him fall with a thud on the concrete.

The one wearing gloves stood up and pointed his gun at Nick. Nick maintained his stance, pointing his pistol at him as well. "Fuck" he cursed.

"You're alone now. Just drop the fucking gun" Nick said to him. The guy doubted himself as he sneaked a look at Axel who still laid helplessly on the ground next to his boots.

Bex moaned in pain and I looked in her direction as well as everyone else. The man ran over to her and dragged her up aggressively by her injured arm, pointing a gun to her head. "Lower your gun or she dies" he threatened.

"No!" Zoey said and Nick looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Nick..." Zoey pleaded with tear filled eyes.

I sneaked a loot at Alex. She looked like she wasn't here. Her head was hung low as her arms stood freely by her side. Bex looked at Zoey, crying. "I'm sorry for all I did. I didn't mean to-" she started.

"Shut it!" The man cut her off as she winced. At this point, I didn't know how to feel. He faced Nick "You think you will get out of this place alive? More men are outside and you'd be dead before you know it"

Nick smirked. "Oh really? Why are you scared to let us go then?"he raised an eyebrow. The man scoffed and cocked the gun.

Alexandrea's P.O.V

He was right. Everything he said was true. The scars would remain there. He would continue to appear in my dreams. The bruises will always remind me of him. I can't ever forget him even if he's dead. I wish I was born different. Why did it have to be me?

I stared at the gun that fell from my hand a while ago, completely numb to my environment. My hand was interlocked with my mom's. I didn't notice until now. Looking up, I saw a gun being pointed to Bex's head as she squirmed and cried. Since we were hurdled behind Nick's back, I was covered. I slowly and quietly picked up the cold metal from the ground.

My hands shook as I held it in my palm and slowly raised it up, pulling the trigger immediately without focus. The man fell to the ground moaning in pain. I didn't feel an ounce of regret as I felt numb. Gazes fell on me as I walked forward and held Bex by the shoulder so she could lean on me. "Never fuck with my bestfriend, you piece of shit"

×××××××××××××××××××
15/03/2022