2:03

Mingyu put his hands into his pocket and looked at Lisa from above.

“I didn’t expect CEO Kim to be such a thankful person. It’s no big deal. You helped my mother today, so we’re even now.” Lisa relaxed a little when she heard Chitthip’s explanation. Even her tone softened as well.

“Even? I’m afraid not. You might need to thank me instead. Take a look at these. If these reach the editors, you’re going to get in trouble.”

Mingyu handed the proof of injury he had just received from Dari.

Lisa glanced at it and laughed coldly. “It’s just a small trick. Did I really beat her up just because she said so? Who witnessed it? Can’t I say she’s an evil stepmother trying to force me to give her the shares in my hands? She tried to harm me when I said no. It could’ve just been in self-defense.”

“You do have some serious quibbling skills. I heard Lisa just took over Yueying and that Glory World has gone through a lot of changes recently. She was thinking of some ways to pressure you. Don’t you want to know what is she going to do?” Mingyu gave Lisa a meaningful glance.

“I’m waiting for her. Tell her what I said.”

“Don’t say that, Lalisa. I’m not one of them. I might be on your side!” Mingyu was trying to be ambiguous with his words, and Lisa was exhausted simply listening to him.

She looked at him coldly for some time before saying, “On my side? I remember that Kim Group is her pillar of support in Yueying. Don’t tell me this wasn’t your idea.”

“It’s really not my idea. I’m just executing whatever my council of presidents is saying. It’s not something that I can decide on alone. I can even not help her for you. Do you think I’d help a woman like her genuinely?” Mingyu chuckled since he never really liked Luna anyway. What a stupid woman! She thought she was really something when she was just a pretty little thing. She tried to do some little tricks in front of him, yet Mingyu hated women like her the most!

“I sound like a big shot now.” Lisa laughed as she left the piece of paper on the long bench. “But I don’t need your help.”

“Mother, it’s getting late now. Let’s go back.” Lisa then stood up.

Chitthip could feel that the vibe between the two of them was odd, so she did not say anything. When Lisa helped her up, her empty glance turned to Mingyu, and naturally, she did not see anything.

As he watched the mother and daughter move further away, Mingyu did not chase them. He remained with both hands in his pocket as he silently looked on… and on…

After a while, just as he was about to turn around and leave, he noticed a booklet on the bench. He hesitated for a moment, then walked over and picked it up to look.

Unexpectedly, it was a very delicate drawing booklet.

He casually flipped it open, and what greeted his sight was a cartoon pig!

It was drawn quite well and seemed very comical. There was even that familiar graceful and flowing handwriting at the bottom.

If love tells me to continue on this journey, then I will continue to chase it till the end of my life.

He continued to flip to another page and saw another cartoon pig. However, its form was different from the last one. This was very silly and cute, and there was also a line written at the bottom.

A certain person’s dishes taste like Father’s cooking…

He continued to flip.

What should be let go will never be urged to stay. What should be urged to stay will never be let go!