2:57

Boonlong nodded, seeming to blame himself. “I’ve thought about a lot of these few days. Maybe the intention of protecting her was a mistake. If I could’ve sincerely accepted your father as the family’s son-in-law back then and be more lenient instead of being so stubborn, I think we could’ve avoided the tragedy.”

“I understand how you feel, Grandpa. You just want Mother to be happy. She never blamed you, so you don’t have to feel bad about it. There’s still a long way ahead. Just be happy.”

Lisa took his hands and smiled. “Grandpa, did you notice that you’ve become more sentimental lately? You’ve changed. Actually, what Father and Mother need the most is your approval. Although Father isn’t perfect, I don’t mind as long as he’s genuinely sweet towards Mother.”

“However, your mother has no intention of remarrying him. She told me about it herself.” Boonlong frowned.

“Don’t worry about that, Grandpa, sometimes feelings aren’t bound to that one piece of paper. I believe things will be fine in the end. We just need to let things flow naturally and leave them to work it out themselves.”

“Lisa, I feel like you’ve changed a lot. Is this Jungkook’s doing?”

Boonlong looked at Lisa doubtfully.

She had become much more open-minded, instead of being stubborn.

Lisa was stunned for a moment. After a while, she smiled. “No, I’ve just upgraded my EQ slightly and simplified the complicated issues. I used to think that I couldn’t let things go, but once I learned how to do so, I realized that all that so-called pain and suffering aren’t that big of a deal.”

The grandfather and granddaughter chatted for a while. It had been a long time since the two of them chatted idly like this.

Boonlong was chatting quite happily as he brought up some memorable recollections from Lisa's childhood. Lisa would only smile as she listened. Finally, when he was so tired that he could not keep his eyes open, she coaxed him to sleep.

Boonlong had finally given the green light, causing Lisa to feel over the moon. She took her phone out from her pocket to send a message to her father.

Father, determination is a wonderful thing. As long as you don’t give up, there’s still hope! Grandpa just told me that he hopes that you and Mother will do well together. Seeing his relieved smile, I feel content too.

+

When she received Lisa’s call, Jisoo was obviously a little surprised, especially when she had asked her to bring her manager, Sis Lee, along. However, she still met her on time because to her, Lisa was not just her superior, but she was also a patron who had recognized her worth.

The meeting venue was the same as the previous time. It was in that secluded corner at the sane alfresco coffee shop.

When Jisoo and her manager reached, Lisa had already been waiting for quite a while.

“Missus Jeon...”

Jisoo wore a refreshing and leisurely summer dress. When she faced with Lisa in a light muslin dress and sunglasses, she did not know how to address her.

Lisa took her sunglasses off and casually smiled at the two people across her. Then, she pointed at the empty seats. “Have a seat. Skip the courtesy. Just call me Lisa. I think we don’t have to be too courteous either, Sis Lee.”

Lisa took the lead and changed the way she addressed her first. Her generous and casual personality made Jisoo and Sis Lee find her very friendly.

“Thank you for the honor,” responded Jisoo with a smile.