2:50

A gentle light flashed in her eyes. She smiled and swiftly took it before she planted a kiss on his cheek. “Are you happy about something? How rare of you to gift me a flower in broad daylight! Usually, you give these sort of things to me at night, and would let me bring it home to put in the vase.”

She lowered her head to sniff it before she peered up at him in wonder.

He pulled her up and sat down before he drew her to sit on his lap. “I have good news for you. I’m sure you’ll be really happy hearing it.”

“What good news?” she asked, puzzled.

“I’ve just received a call from Lucas. There’s hope for Mother’s recovery, but she’ll need to stay there for a while. Father will stay there for a while too. Grandpa returns tomorrow, so we’ll pick him up from the airport in the afternoon the day after tomorrow,” Jungkook spoke quite calmly.

However, just as he said this, Lisa’s starry eyes immediately lit up. She subconsciously held his hand and said a little nervously, “There’s hope for recovery? There’s really hope? That means that Mother will be able to see the light again, right? I just called Mother yesterday. She said she was going for a check-up at the hospital today.”

“Mmm, this is good news, so be happy. Once Grandpa gets back, I’ll arrange for people to guard them over there since only Father and Mother will be there.”

As he said this, he looked meaningfully at Lisa.

Lisa smiled happily and gently nodded. “I truly hope that when they return, their relationship will go to the next level. If Mother recovers, then Father lectures together with her at the university., and no one disturbs them, that is something worth looking forward to.”

“It was always supposed to just be temporary loss of sight. Don’t always be so worried and scare yourself too much.”

“Mmm, right, when’s Lucas coming back then? Yuqi’s been quite busy these two days. She’s planning on renovating the Imperial Sky Entertainment Club office. In fact, Grandmother and the rest have begun to get her and Lucas moving. I think we’ll be able to anticipate another round of good news.”

Lisa played around with the flower in her hand, and she laughed gently.

“They are truly childhood sweethearts. They should’ve been married by now. Lucas is a rare honest man. Yuqi won’t lose out being with him. Just like us, Grandmother and the rest have long been looking forward to their marriage, and now that you’re their sis-in-law, encourage Yuqi a little. It’s a glorious thing. I think you and Yuqi get along quite well. She rarely talks to me about anything, but she did tell you quite a bit.”

Obviously, it would be best for Yuqi to have one or two people that she could talk to. Actually, Yuqi was quite similar to her sometimes. Perhaps they could empathize and get along with each other better because of their similar personalities.

“There are some things that you can only tell your good friends and not your other half. Right, tomorrow I’m going to go over to Yuqi’s. The things that I brought from the residence are still at home. I should deliver it to her tomorrow.”

“Mmm, I’ll send you and go over to see Bam for a bit.”

They were beginning to get some clues regarding the incident at the wedding banquet, so there were some things they needed to discuss and delegate.

“I almost forgot. Tomorrow is Yugyeom’s birthday. Lisa, tomorrow morning come with me to the cemetery. After our wedding, we should go take a look.”

After a momentary silence, Jungkook’s handsome face suddenly flashed with a sorrowful expression. He turned around and his gaze turned toward the sky outside through their window. It was slightly gloomy, and the mist outside made one feel a sense of loneliness.