2:56

Lisa’s chest tightened. She took a deep breath before winding her windows up and turned off the engine. Of course, she was holding a baseball bat in her hand when she opened the door.

“Back off!” Her expression was frigid as she aimed the bat at the man in the black suit.

The man smiled coldly and backed off. Lisa closed the door and slowly walked forward toward the black car.

The window of the passenger seat of the luxurious car suddenly rolled down as she walked nearer. Under the dim lighting, she saw a man with a baseball cap and sunglasses reading the newspapers.

She could not see the man clearly since the newspaper blocked most of his face. She only managed to see that he had an average build with a mysterious face. In general, he seemed pretty tanned.

Lisa halted her steps when a deep voice reached her. The voice was evidently deepened intentionally, so she could not guess the man’s age.

“Miss Manoban, you’re pretty good at driving. My people spent a lot of effort to stop you. You’re really something.” His tone of voice held a teasing note but there were no other emotions in his words.

Lisa held the baseball bat tightly in her hands as she stared at the man in the car and demanded, “Thank you. Who are you and why did you stop me?”

The man in the car suddenly laughed. He averted his eyes from the newspaper to Lisa, taking her in and smiling. “Miss Manoban, you seem pretty vigilant. Are you worried that I might harm you?”

“If you can stop the nonsense and tell me who you are and what you want, I’ll be grateful.” Despite sounding tough, she was afraid. Her gut feeling told her these people would not be easy to deal with, especially since she had no idea when she had been targeted!

“You’re pretty straightforward, but you can take a guess.” The man smiled as he lowered his head and started reading the newspaper once again.

“Back off! Don’t come near!”

Lisa tried to suppress the unease and fear within her when the men in the black suits around her closed in. She pointed at them with the baseball bat in her hand.

“Move aside. Don’t scare Miss Manoban.”

The mysterious man in the car suddenly spoke out to ask his men to stand down.

The man in the black suit nodded to the thugs, and they then stood aside quietly.

“I don’t have the mood to play your little guessing game. I suppose you guys have been onto me for quite some time. What do you want?” said Lisa coldly as she looked at the man in the car.

The man in the car chuckled. “Miss Manoban, you’re really brave. I thought you’d go speechless in fear. It seems that Jungkook has good taste. That’s right. My people have been following you for a while. In fact, we’ve been watching you ever since you parted with Jungkook at the entrance.”

“Why? I don’t remember there being any conflict between us. Why are you blocking my way?” Lisa demanded, “Moreover, you haven’t told me who you are.”

She was alarmed. This man must know Mu Yuchen since he mentioned his name.

“You can call me Mr. Wen. We’ve been keeping an eye on you since a long time ago, Miss Xi! I’m surprised to find out that you are the woman who married Mu Yuchen. Would you believe me if I say I wanted to see just how special you are?” the man replied calmly.

Mr. Wen?

Mr. Wen who?

Lisa was sure that she did not know anyone called Mr. Wen, or anyone with the surname Wen either.