2:90

Jungkook obviously agreed with Lucas. Unjeong could not be underestimated. As someone who could contend with the despicable and sly fox, and even have the upper hand, this woman was considered a legend in the business world. She had the guts and the drive. Even the media sang praises about her. She was on the same level as Gyungmi.

“She doesn’t need to lift a finger. She just needs to rile Mansik up. I do quite admire this woman’s tricks,” Jungkook answered calmly.

Lucas nodded and sighed. “Yeah, if she and Mansik join hands to leave peacefully, Kim Group’s future would be beyond measure. It would be normal if they became on par with Glory World. However, she’s really going all out for Mingyu, who, sadly, doesn’t care. Just because of Gu Yumi, all these years she’s been protecting Mingyu well. He was so into Yumi years ago, yet Unjeong... I wonder if they have reconciled now. We don’t have any grudges with Unjeong, so if Mansik and the unfathomable Minjun want to go against us, we can definitely join hands with her. In fact, I think she would be very glad to.”

Clearly, Lucas had been mulling over this for a while before he expressed all this.

However, just as he said this, Jungkook frowned slightly as he contemplated for a while without answering. Lucas hesitated momentarily before continuing, “Master, do you not agree?”

Then, Jungkook sighed slightly and pulled his gaze back from outside the window and silently met Lucas' eyes. “That’s not a bad idea. There aren’t eternal enemies, only eternal benefits. It’d definitely be a good thing if we can have her on our side, but how can you guarantee that she wouldn’t think we have ulterior motives? In fact, don’t forget that there’s also the Gu family that still won’t show their faces. Only Mr. Lee from Busan has had some interactions with them. They’ve kept a low profile all these years too. Everyone isn’t sure what exactly they’ve been up to. To me, the Gu family has the real trick up their sleeves, so we have to be on guard. Before I can tell what the Gu family and Mansik’s motives are, it’s best if we don’t act blindly.”

When Jungkook finished, Lucas' expression turned solemn. He then sighed deeply as a few beads of sweat appeared on his forehead. He said apologetically, “Master, I’ve overlooked!”

“For now, let’s ensure that Unjeong and Mingyu are behaving steadily. Watch their patterns of moving in and out of the country.”

“Yes, Master. Oh, right, Yumi is in London these few days. There’ll still be some time before she returns to the country. I’ve seen their itinerary, so her next stop should be Singapore. I’ve been following her tracks, but I didn’t find any traces of Minjun. I’ve checked all the registration records at the Los Angeles hospitals from five years ago, but I didn’t find any records of them being sent to the hospital.”

As Lucas said this, he could not help but feel at a loss. All these years, they had been quite thorough, thus he really did not understand how they could not find even a trace of them. Mansik was quite capable to be able to hide a person without any word getting out at all!

Even Unjeong, who slept beside him, could not get anything from him.

“If he really wants to get Kim Group, he’ll definitely have to show up. I can still afford to wait. The one living in the dark might not have as much patience as me. Let’s just wait,” Jungkook spoke nonchalantly. Apparently, he was not troubled by this matter as he was calm.

Then, Lucas nodded.

“Withdraw those people watching Lu Xinlan, and just watch who’s been entering her ward. Tomorrow, I’ll personally visit her.”

“Master, if we withdraw them, what if...?” Lucas was hesitant.

“If we don’t get them to retreat, how is Mansik going to show up? Do I need to teach you what to do?” Jungkook frowned slightly.