2:62

She was defeated as she looked up weakly at him. When she saw the love and concern in his eyes, she could not help but speak in her weak, raspy voice, “I feel miserable. Cough... My throat hurts so much and my whole body aches. I feel so weak. Cough...”

Her voice sounded extremely hoarse. Before she could finish her sentences, she could not help but start coughing again.

“I told you to work out and toughen up more, but you were lazy. Rest well for the next few days. I’ll let Grandpa know. Come have your medicine first.” He handed her the medication.

She then took it from him, frowned and swallowed the pills.

He lowered his head and planted a kiss on her forehead. Then, he reached out with his long fingers and swiftly arranged her slightly messy hair for her. “Bambam’s here. He brought some game meat, but I don’t think you’ll be able to taste them. I’ve prepared some plain porridge for you. Do you feel very sick? I’ll bring you to the hospital for a check-up after the meal.”

“Oh, I don’t want to go to the hospital... I’ll just sleep again and I’ll feel better when I wake up,” she responded in her raspy voice. Then, she drank a few more gulps of water before she put the cup back. She whined helplessly in distress, “I feel so miserable... This illness felt like it came so suddenly...”

He sighed helplessly and set the cup on the table. Gazing down at her, after a while, he reached out to touch her forehead again and only eased back a little when everything felt alright again. “Okay, later on, I’ll give you a back massage. Perhaps you’ll feel more relaxed. Go downstairs and have some food first.”

When she heard, she suddenly stared at him in shock. “Do you know how to?”

He just looked back at her casually. “Mmm, when we were in the army back then, we had a lot of training. Sometimes, Bam, Eunwoo, and I would take turns with each other. It feels quite good.”

She then nodded and propped herself limply as she tried to get up in a daze.

He reached out to hold her by the waist. “Be careful.”

Then, he was about to bend over and carry her up when she stopped him with one hand clutching onto the side of clothes. “I’ll just walk. I’m not that weak...”

When the two of them went downstairs, Bambam had already prepared the cutlery. Seeing Lisa’s sickly condition, he immediately frowned and asked in concern, “Are you okay? You don’t look that great.”

Lisa nodded gratefully and smiled wryly. “I’m fine. It’s just a little cold and fever. I’ll feel better in a few days.”

“If you really can’t, it’s better to get checked at the hospital.”

Lisa nodded. When she remembered her man telling her about Bambam’s stories, she could not help but take a second glimpse at him. She felt that apart from his imposing and sharp manner, seeing him help to serve the dishes really made him look like a kind, domestic man.

She silently looked at Bambam be busy for a while before she turned. Her twinkling eyes looked up to the man beside her while he looked back thoughtfully at her. With one hand holding her frail shoulders, he said in a low voice by her ear, “He’s only slightly inferior to your man.”

Lisa could not help but laugh gently. “Are you praising him or yourself?”

“I’m just telling the truth.” He suddenly smiled and walked over with his arms around her shoulder, pulling a chair out chivalrously.

“I’d be a fool to believe you.” Lisa rolled her eyes at him.

As she was about to sit down, Bambam’s voice was suddenly heard. “Oh, right, Lisa, someone sent a registered letter over earlier. It was yours, but I signed the acknowledgment receipt for you. I put it on the coffee table.”