2:92

As he fixed Lisa’s collar, he caressed her hair gently. “Grandmother just called to urge you and Lucas to return quickly. You two go back first. I want to walk around with your sis-in-law for a bit.”

Yuqi shrugged while a faint smile flashed across her face. “I know that you’re just finding me annoying. Okay then, we’ll go back first. It’s not that early anymore. You two should finish shopping soon and get home quickly. Otherwise, Grandmother and the rest are going to nag you again,” she said before leaving with Lucas.

Lisa did not say anything. She just smiled and watched as Yuqi and Lucas gradually went away. After a long while, she glanced up at the man beside her. “Look at how their shadows seem to be more and more in harmony. I keep feeling like we’re going to be receiving good news soon.”

“It’d be great if they can get over that barrier. Let’s go. I’ll take you around. Otherwise, you’ll complain about how I don’t go shopping with you.” Jungkook promptly averted his gaze and tugged on her hand to walk along the pathway.

After that, Lisa realized what this man’s so-called idea of shopping was. As long as her gaze rested for more than three seconds on a certain item, he would buy it immediately without a second thought. Lisa dared not continue walking after they covered a third of the mall.

After that, he looked around and pulled her into a nearby jewelry store.

“I have a lot of accessories that I haven’t used. Let’s not shop anymore.” She let him slide a large diamond right onto her finger as she turned to cover her face bashfully.

She did not dare go out with him anymore. A few of the customers beside had begun to take their phones out and were recording them. With the way things were going, it looked like there was going to be an exposè on Naver soon.

“Didn’t you say that the diamond ring is too small? Now that I’m letting you choose, why aren’t you appreciating my kindness? Mmm, this one’s not bad. Take a look. Are you happy with it? The other one earlier was quite good too. Hmm, these two then, and this one. Pack all of them up, please.”

Then, before Lisa could answer, he pushed all of the diamond rings to the attendant who was so delighted that she almost could not believe her ears. Nonetheless, from the way this husband and wife seemed, they appeared to be a loaded couple, so she dared not be doubtful about Jungkook’s words.

On the way as they rushed back to the old residence, Lisa, who sat shotgun, kept staring at her diamond ring that he helped her put on. She could not help but giggle. “Kook, this is my first time wearing such an expensive item. Doesn’t it look quite nice?”

Then, she waved her hand again.

The man turned to look at her from the driver’s seat. Seeing the heartwarming and delighted smile on her face, he felt his heart soften exceptionally.

She was already this contented with just one or two diamond rings. What an easy person to satisfy!

“Your hand is pretty, so you look nice wearing anything. But, Missus, you don’t seem to know what’s what. The more expensive one is the smaller one,” he teased as he was in a rare jovial mood.

Lisa shrugged. She stared at it for quite a while, then nodded. “Wedding rings are worthier of a second look. I’ll give this one to Mother then since our sizes are about the same and she quite likes wearing accessories.”

He shot her a look and chuckled softly. “So eager to please your mother-in-law?”

“What do you mean by eager to please my mother-in-law? You’re their son, but I’ve never seen you buy any presents for them. They raised you for nothing. Be careful that your child might treat you the same way.” As she said this, she shot him a scowl.