2:30

“I know that you want to play matchmaker for your father and me, and have us reconcile. Don’t think I don’t know that you corresponded with Aunt Wu and the rest. I know just what you’re thinking. I’ve been thinking a lot recently about your father too. I might forgive him, or I could continue being stubborn. I haven’t quite decided yet, but right now I just want to go with the flow.”

Go with the flow?

This seemed to be a pretty decent option as well.

Since her mother concluded that way, Lisa obviously could not continue to demand insistently, so she could only say, “I got it, Mother. Father says he wants to teach in the university... If your eyes can be healed, then it’d be good for the two of you to watch over each other too. I won’t let anyone else disturb your peaceful days.”

“Okay, I hear your well-intentioned thoughts, but we don’t know if my eyes can be healed. We’ll just talk about it when it happens.”

“Mother, aren’t you attracted to Father who’s still so handsome and dashing right now? Sometimes, I even think that Jungkook is not as good-looking as Father. In your words, Father’s already a man that has years on his shoulder, mmm... At 50-odd years old, he’s like a bottle of beautifully aged wine.”

“You like to keep saying nice things about him. You’re already becoming his spy. Has he been seeing you often recently?” Chitthip softly reprimanded Lisa although her tone remained gentle.

“No, after Grandfather passed away, he hasn’t come to look for me. He’s living alone in Yongsan City Complex near the university. I hear of his news from Jungkook. He seems to have bought that apartment for several years now and is staying there alone. Sometimes, I worry. After all, Father...”

Chitthip already knew what Lisa was going to say, so she did not continue because she also saw traces of surprise on her mother’s face.

When she left the residence, it was close to evening. The husband and wife did not go straight to the Maple Residence. Instead, they went straight for their appointments. Of course, they did not forget to get Chan to send some candies to the orphanage for the wedding. After what happened the last time, they had renovated and refurbished the orphanage so it looked splendid now. Marco had especially looked after it, attracting the attention of many charity organizations.

Given this situation, Lisa felt quite assured as long as she knew that they lived well, so she seldom went over too.

However, after the head of the orphanage found out about everything, they called her to thank her quite a few times. Although they wanted to publicly thank her, she just dismissed it with a laugh.

The car quickly made its way towards Chaeyoung and Jimin. The driver right now was Jungkook while Lisa fell soundly asleep leaning on the car window in the front passenger seat. The music player was still playing very soothing music.

The Manoban residence to Chaeyoung’s place was slightly far. In fact, they were caught up by after-work traffic, so the road was quite congested.

Jungkook was not worried. After all, he had a lot of time. In fact, he had woken up quite early this morning and had not rested from a whole day of being busy. However, she was so sleepy that she could not keep her eyes open, so he just let her sleep a while longer.

They spent almost two hours before he managed to send her to Chaeyoung’s apartment. The streetlights were lit up at the moment. From afar, they could already see Chaeyoung propping up her belly and standing by the side, waiting underneath the streetlight.

The car had just stopped when Chaeyoung immediately walked up to them. “Lili! Master Jeon!”

“I’ve waited for you for quite long. Was it very congested on the road? You took quite a while.”