3:25

She felt a pain in her chest as some blood burbled up her throat again. She quickly grabbed a handkerchief and covered her mouth.

Unjeong’s eyes darkened when she saw the blood on Xinlan’s handkerchief and her eyes turned pitiful, but they soon returned to her usual coldness.

“I’m absolutely powerless now, but I know you’ve been having it rough too. Thank you for visiting me today. I’m sorry for treating you like that back then. You’ve been generous. It’s Mansik’s blessing that he was able to marry you. Sadly, he doesn’t know how to cherish you. I know your relationship with him has been strained. Your son and his other favored son are fighting for the inheritance right of Kim Group while you’ve been working hard as well.”

Xinlan paused, swallowing the blood in her mouth before continuing, “I thought about bringing these secrets to the grave with me, but after thinking that we were once Mansik’s women, I need to tell you something.”

Doubts rose in Unjeong’s eyes as she looked at Xinlan.

Xinlan forced a smile on her pale face as she spoke, “Do you really think the woman he truly loved was Minjun’s mother?”

“Who else could it be? For the sake of that witch’s son, he’s been giving me so much trouble? Look what he did to Mingyu!” Unjeong was angered.

Xinlan shook her head. “I thought I was a replacement for that woman as well, but then I realized afterward that I was wrong. We’re all wrong! That woman wasn’t the one Mansik missed. The one he loved... was... was...”

Suddenly, Xinlan’s whole body started shaking as blood spilled out of her mouth. She clutched at her chest as she felt a sharp pain and her handkerchief was soaked in blood.

Unjeong quickly went over and pressed on the emergency bell and then helped Xinlan lie down.

Xinlan grabbed her shirt, sucking in a deep breath and whispering beside Unjeong’s ear, “The person he loved... is the Jeon family’s daughter... Jeon Jiseul... That’s why he... Don’t you remember what Minjun called her? Jiseul’s son even became good friends with Minjun, didn’t he?”

Unjeong’s eyes widened. She could not believe it as she shook her head. “Impossible! That’s impossible!”

Unjeong knew what Xinlan was talking about. Mansik wanted Minjun to call Jiseul “godmother”, but then Jiseul said that title felt old, hence Minjun called her “Aunty” instead. With the relationship between the Jeon and Kim family, it was not particularly weird for him to call her that. Unjeong did feel that him wanting Minjun to call her “godmother” was odd.

Jiseul’s depression worsened later on. While Mansik was very active in helping her find a cure, he was very nice to Yugyeom as well. Although they were not really close anymore after Jiseul committed suicide, the children probably did not remember much. After they grew up a little, Mansik sent Minjun to the same school as Yugyeom and the others, and they even got into the same class...

Unjeong never thought that Mansik...

After she gave it some thought, it made sense.

“I’m Jiseul’s best friend. I have to admit that I was jealous of her... Even Jungkook... could notice that... He is really terrifying. He could notice even the tiniest clue... and because of that, I tested Mansik... I found my answer in his eyes...”

Sis Lan was forcing herself to speak at this moment as the coppery scent of blood in the air got heavier.

“Do you mean that Yugyeom and Yuqi are his children?” Unjeong’s heart almost exploded as she thought about it!