2:96

When he realized the severity of the matter, Lucas frowned even deeper.

“Master, how about we investigate Mr. Wen again? I’m sure that we can find out who he is if we turn the entire Seoul upside down and check everyone one by one!”

Jungkook raised his hand slightly to stop Lucas from saying any further. “No need. It’s not important who Mr. Wen is, but I’d like to meet Xinlan myself and see if I can find out anything useful from her. Okay, go back and make the arrangements.”

“But, Master...” Lucas hesitated a little worriedly.

“Don’t worry. I know what I’m doing. Just do as I say.”

“Master, actually, Missus did have some contact with Mr. Wen. How about we probe deeper? Perhaps she could identify who they are,” Lucas carefully suggested.

However, just as Lucas said that, Jungkook scowled at him. “Don’t consider involving her in this mess. I don’t want to involve her in all these past grudges.”

“But...”

“No buts. Go back first. Just wait for me at the hospital tomorrow morning.” Jungkook got up with waning interest. He did not plan to continue and went straight upstairs.

Lucas slowly stood up too as he watched Jungkook retreat in astonishment. After that, he sighed to himself before leaving.

When he returned to the study room, Lisa could clearly feel that his emotions were all over the place. The two of them did not speak, but after a long silence, Lisa finally could not help but ask, “What’s wrong? Something on your mind?”

She reached out to take his book, slot a bookmark into it and closed it.

Jungkook then snapped back from his deep thoughts. He watched her silently as she tiptoed to put the book back onto the shelf and sighed, “Mmm, just some troublesome things from the past. Lali, play some chess with me.”

He turned to one side and took her slightly cold hand.

She turned around. The flickering light in her starry eyes was dazzling like diamonds as she spoke a little puzzledly, “Chess? You know I can’t beat you, and you still want me to play against you?”

Initially, her chess skills were not too bad, but really it was as like they said, mothers-to-be became a little slower. She had been playing with him for quite a while, yet she felt like her skills were worsening. Sometimes, he would grant her two moves, and she would still lose tragically.

When did she fall behind in IQ too?

Seeing her like this, Jungkook could not help but smile. He slowly got up and pulled her out to the side hall as he spoke deeply, “This time, I’ll let you make five moves first. How about that?”

The husband and wife quickly reached the coffee table at the side hall. They brewed a pot of flower tea as Lisa skillfully set the chess set out.

“You like to play chess when you’re dealing with a difficult problem.” She shot him a side look and immediately picked up a black chess piece to make her move without courtesy.

“Chess is a good form of meditation, Missus,” he calmly answered, and then handed her a cup of tea before picking up a white chess piece to make his move.

“I remember the first time I won against Grandpa. He told me that with my capabilities, I could join an international chess competition. I was really thrilled then. I was just in time to make it for the school’s Go chess competition, so I enthusiastically registered. Unexpectedly, I was defeated tragically, and I was miserable for quite a few days. After that, I realized that Grandpa wanted me to be happy, so he let me win on purpose. That’s why I was very angry afterward. I thought that he underestimated me. Every time I played chess after that, I’d make sure he gave it his all.”