2:23

“You agreed and persuaded me to get the shares back at that time too, so why are you blaming me instead now?” Wenwen looked at Dari with a rigid gaze. Because of Dari’s words, she was even angrier now.

“Yueying was already on the verge of toppling before I joined. All these years, if it weren’t for me running around and getting connections everywhere, it would have long fallen! Degrade myself? Back then when you begged me, why didn’t you say I was degrading myself? You even suggested I drugged Marco. The fact that I’m where I am today is all thanks to you! You want to make my daughter and I your puppet! All these years, you’ve been trying to suppress me and put your guard up against me. If it weren’t for the company at such a desperate juncture, I’m afraid you wouldn’t have been willing to handover Yueying, would you? Even if you did hand it over, I don’t see you truly letting go of your authority. Don’t we still have to report the company’s situation to you every day?” Dari breathed in deeply as the way she glared at Wenwen instantly turned bitter.

“Compared to you who seeks nothing for profit, I think I’m much nobler! Back then, weren’t you unhappy with Chitthip because she married into the family with nothing? Instead, you were so friendly to me. You really think I’m a fool, huh? Do you think that I really thought that you sincerely wanted to matchmake Marco and me? All these years, apart from being a little more courteous when you ever needed something from the Yoo family, you have always been stepping all over me arrogantly. I am the Yoo family heiress, but you pushed me around!”

When she recalled all the things she had suffered through the years, Dari was filled with rage. Now that the matter had reached this point, everything was exposed, so she did not have to endure this in silence anymore. All the resentment that she had suppressed for a long time erupted like a volcano.

Wenwen’s eyes immediately flew wide and her hands clenched the blanket tightly as she looked in disbelief at Dari. “What did you say? What did you say? Say that again!”

“Even if I say it twice, it’ll still be the same! It was you who was bad at managing the company. You’ve caused the once wealthy Yueying to suffer losses by the day. If it weren’t for me working so hard to save it all these years, it would’ve long been done for! Now, you’re really going to blame me! How hilarious! Instead of pushing all the responsibility onto me, why don’t you just say that you’re not that capable?! Yueying’s highest authority is in your hands. The reason that it has fallen today is all because of you! You don’t have anyone else to blame for it!” blurted Dari out harshly after she took a deep breath in and stared at Wenwen.

Wenwen’s chest tightened with anger and she immediately inhaled large gulps of air without control.

Not capable? Not capable!

This was the second time she had heard such words today. A while ago, Lisa had said that about her too! If Wenwen was not capable, could she have managed to bring Yueying to where it was today? Only she herself knew the hardships, blood, and tears involved!

She was willing to give up everything for Yueying, yet this woman was saying that she was useless and blamed her for not running Yueying well.

She even intended to leave Yueying to her and Luna. How could she not be fed up when she heard something like that?

Wenwen’s face turned pale as her breath was running short. She glared at Dari and pointed a finger at her as her tone started to turn uneven. “You… You… Great! You’re so shameless being the Mayoress… and even…”

Dari cackled, throwing the tablet in front of Wenwen. “What about me now? Yes, I have another man with me. So what? So what if I’m the Mayoress? There are many men that want to be with me even if Marco doesn’t, I can and I have found someone who’s younger and better looking than him. Why should I keep myself lonely while he has always only thought about that witch? Has he ever appreciated it? Shouldn’t you be grateful that I helped you to manage Yueying? Yet, you’re blaming me now. You’ve never been concerned for me even when I had to rush everywhere. You scolded me instead! Who do you think you are? You’re just an old lady lying on the bed that needs someone to take care of you!”