3:28

Unjeong knew very well that there was no way Yumi would be this friendly to her when she had openly expressed her dissatisfaction towards her!

She would never believe it!

Yumi took a gift box from her assistant beside her and politely handed it to Unjeong with a sweet smile. "Happy birthday, Aunty! I wish for your good health and happiness!"

Unjeong stared at Yumi for some time before forcing a fake smile on her face. "How nice of you, Ms. Gu. I'm touched that you came here all the way from Busan. I should've sent you an invitation and invite your parents over as well. I really do miss them after so many years."

Unjeong deliberately made it obvious that Yumi was uninvited!

"Mother missed Aunty too. She told me to send you her regards." Yumi smiled as if she did not notice Unjeong's insult. Mingyu's expression darkened as he glanced at Unjeong, pretending not to notice.

"Alright, let me get you a seat somewhere. They still have to attend to other guests. Everyone, please continue!"

Mingyu left Mansik and Unjeong aside as he took Yumi away despite the fact that she was clearly struggling.

Yumi frowned as Mingyu was clamping on her hand. She complained quietly, "Gyu. Let go of me."

"No way! Mimi, all these years..."

"Please consider the place we're at right now. Don't make a fool of yourself. You're still as reckless as ever, Gyu." Yumi sighed helplessly as she patted his shoulder.

Mingyu then stopped his footsteps and looked into her eyes. He finally let go of her when he saw her frown. "Have a seat."

He closed his eyes and calmed down a little. He then stared at Yumi's beautiful face deeply as if he wanted to imprint her face in the depth of his eyes forever.

Yumi nodded and sat down obediently while Mingyu grabbed a glass of wine and handed it to her.

-

What just happened was fully observed by Luna and Darwin who were just sitting on the side.

Darwin had a very deep impression of Yumi. He remembered every single detail of what happened back then. With Yumi's appearance, did this mean that Minjun, was still alive? Was he going to return?

Darwin then remembered how Mansik had been acting lately. He was not giving Unjeong any breather and did whatever he wanted. It felt like he was paving a path for Minjun, and now this woman was rumored to be in love with Minjun, coming over here all the way from Busan. Was there something behind it?

As Darwin was contemplating, Luna's eyes never moved away from Mingyu and Yumi. Even she was impressed by Yumi's beauty. She always felt that her appearance was a cut above the rest, but now she actually felt inferior when she compared herself to Yumi.

"Yumi's mother was from a British aristocratic family. She inherited her mother's beauty, and not many people can defy her charm. Her mother, Doris, attracted many men, and in the end, she decided to marry to Gu Yoonsung, so many men in Busan were so jealous of him. Money and ladies, he lacked none of them." Darwin explained when he saw Luna's enchanted expression.

"No wonder the Qi brothers..." Luna looked at Yumi enviously as she sighed.

+

Seoul was getting cold as winter was coming. On the way to Kim Residence, it was pretty quiet, while the streetlamps seemed slightly brighter than before. A black Bentley steadily passed by the yellow lights with another luxurious black car following behind.