2:10

Jungkook quickly looked through the documents as he listened to Chan’s analysis. He closed the document and gave it back to him after that.

“Soon, after that, Yoo Dari went abroad because she got pregnant that night and had been in contact with Deng Wenwen,” Chan continued.

“How did Deng Wenwen confirm that the child in Yoo Dari’s womb was Father’s?” Jungkook squinted his eyes and looked at Chan.

“They did a DNA test when Yoo Dari was two months pregnant and confirmed it was Mayor’s child, so she let Yoo Dari keep the child and then we know what happened after that. Teacher was kept in the dark. Marco probably had no idea about that night until Yoo Dari brought Luna back.”

Chan flipped through the document and took a look. “To confirm it, I’ve sent someone over to the hospital who did the DNA test back then, but it was too long ago and the hospital has moved many times. That information might have been lost already. However, since Deng Wenwen treated them so well, there’s probably no error here.”

If that was the case, why did Deng Wenwen not stand up for her when Marco wanted a divorce this time?

Was there any other reason?

From what he knew, Marco did not publicize those records. First of all, he was being considerate about the Elder. Secondly, being cheated on was not something to boast about, and lastly, if he gave too much pressure, he might get a counteraction instead.

Could he have gotten the things from Deng Wenwen, or did she decide to be a bystander because of some other factor?

Suddenly, Jungkook put on a cold smile.

If he exposed this right now and Yueying fell, how would this old woman feel?

“Master, what should we do now?” Chan put the documents away and asked.

Jungkook’s expression was calm as usual, yet there was a hidden coldness in his eyes. The temperature in his tone dropped as well. “Wait.”

“Wait? Master… This…”

“Make a call and find out more about Grandfather’s condition now.” Jungkook did not explain and gave his next instructions. Then, he turned around and went back toward the room.

Just before he arrived in the room, Lisa walked out and closed the door carefully.

“Mother has fallen asleep. Let’s head back too,” Lisa said quietly as she saw him walking over.

With a nod, Jungkook put an arm over her shoulder as they went out.

As they walked towards the car, Lisa went to the front passenger seat. Jungkook was driving.

She let him fasten her seatbelt as she said tiredly, “I want to visit Grandfather in West Park soon. I feel kind of uneasy this few days, but there’s so much work to do, so I delayed it.”

Jungkook’s eyes went blank. He paused and looked at her for a while before agreeing, “Let’s go tomorrow. I heard he’s not doing very well. He’s been sent to the hospital. Father didn’t come because he’s taking care of him.”

“Grandfather has been hospitalized?” Lisa frowned and her face was strained when she heard Jungkook.

“Chan just told me. Grandfather’s situation doesn’t seem very good.”

“He even called me several days ago. How could it be…?”

Lisa was getting anxious. Just as she was about to say something else, the phone inside her pocket started vibrating. She took her phone out and saw it was Marco calling, so she quickly answered the call.