3:33

“No, your father and I don’t have a son. We only have one daughter, but I do feel very happy after she got married to you because you’re like a real son to us. I can rest easy leaving her in your hands. I know you have put in a lot of effort for her father and me.” Chitthip’s expression was gentle and her tone was soft.

“I’m just doing what Lisa wanted me to do. It’s been forever since she wanted both of you to reconcile again. While we can’t interfere with how you feel, this is the most that we can do.” Jungkook was being earnest.

“How would I not know what are you guys thinking? I should be ashamed that you two need to be burdened with our problems. I gave it some thought before. A big part of the cause that led to this tragedy came from us. We were young and reckless, and weren’t brave enough to sail through the hardships, so I hope you guys can take us as an example. You’re a smart guy. I’m sure you know what I mean.” Chitthip smiled.

“Don’t worry, Mother. Both Lisa and I are obedient students of Father and you. There’s still a lot for us to learn in terms of marriage and life in general,” Jungkook said humbly.

Chitthip smiled, pleased. “It’s normal for people to learn from each other. I saw a lot of qualities I don’t have from watching you guys. Ms. Yang Feng once used the relationship between friends to describe the relationship of a married couple. I’m going to quote her words here: ‘I’ve always thought that even among family members, friendship is very important. Even if they aren’t best friends, they should at least be friends that can mutually respect and learn from each other.’ That’s why I’m really grateful for the courage and help in the issue between her father and me.”

Chitthip was an experienced academic after all. As a guru to Ph.D. students, she not only excelled at her own field, but she also had a unique view of her interpersonal relationships too, especially after everything that she had gone through. Time had left her a lot of valuable qualities.

“Are you saying that you’re willing to get back together with Father again?”

“I knew that you were here to ask me about it. I hope things can go naturally. After being in conflict for so many years, I’m more open-minded now. Many things that should be our burden have fallen onto you both, and I feel bad for that.”

Chitthip sighed, taking a pause before continuing, “I’m happy that Lisa is able to understand and forgive, but at the same time, I feel sorry for her. Her father and I owe her too much, and that’s why I wanted to make up to her. If I can still teach at the university after my eyes are healed, I... I’ll let your father stay at the school with me since the Bruschweiler family is no more.

“I still can’t forget about him after so many years. You two can stop worrying about me with him by my side. Lisa and you are going to be parents soon, so spend more time and effort together. Your father and I will take care of ourselves.”

Chitthip then took a deep breath. She actually felt relieved after the conversation with Jungkook.

She was tired after going through so much at this point. What grudge could be more important than living happily?

Jungkook looked at Chitthip quietly for some time before nodding his head. “We’re glad about your realization.”

“Alright, let’s not talk about this anymore. How’s Lisa? It’s been several months, hasn’t it?”

“The pregnancy’s almost in the sixth month now. She’s pretty well, but she misses Father and you.”

“Great. I’ll be able to see my grandchild after I get back.”

Jungkook went to the kitchen to help Marco out after chatting with Chitthip for some time.

Marco was very grateful for his son-in-law. At the same time, he was glad that Lisa married him.