2:97

I was finding ways to help her give birth in secret and then re-enter the industry afterwards. Unexpectedly, she fell into depression and was emotionally unstable. The company couldn't do anything but leave her alone for a while. We got someone to help her out and hoped she could recover soon."

Xinlan was panting a little by now, so Lucas went up and helped her to take the glass of water away.

Jungkook gave her a dark stare. "How was your relationship with my aunt?"

The question threw Xinlan off-guard. She raised her head and looked at him, but soon looked back down and did not reply to his question.

Lucas shot Jungkook a doubtful glance. After some hesitation, he started to understand what was happening. He then averted his gaze to look at Xinlan.

"I investigated your situation with my aunt back then. Sure, the both of you were very close to each other initially, but you guys seemed to have conflicts more often afterward and some people reported to have seen you two argue in private, so it seems that your relationship with my aunt isn't as amicable as you said." Jungkook's tone of voice was calm as he reiterated the investigation results.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Seulji and I are like sisters. Don't you dare question our bond. We're best friends! What do you mean by that?!" Xinlan suddenly got worked up and she gasped while she placed a hand on her chest.

Jungkook did not argue with her. Instead, he said, "I know you're well aware of the truth. If you think you're good friends with my aunt, you should at least tell us who that person is."

"Your aunt didn't want you guys to know. Why can't you respect her wishes? Knowing the truth might not be beneficial at all! Why do you have to find out?" Xinlan's face turned pale while her hands clenched into fists as anger was visible in her eyes.

"Why? Because she owed my grandparents an explanation, and they owed Yuqi a reason. Not everything is solved by her death. You know very well how my aunt passed away. Yuqi has no idea who her father is, and you're saying that these are the benefits? There are responsibilities that need to be borne, and we can't escape from them."

"What do you want then?" Xinlan felt something was wrong.

"I heard you're pretty close to Kim Mansik. I have a question for you. Is he the same person as Mr. Wen?"

"You're wrong. I'm not related to him at all! You don't have to try to get anything out of me. I'm going to say it again. I've told you whatever I could, and you should leave now. I'm getting uncomfortable!" Xinlan's expression was pale like snow. She panicked as she felt difficulty breathing.

"Really?" Jungkook put on a smile and slowly showed his phone to her the two photos on the screen. "Then, can you please explain what these are? One of these is Mansik's subordinate visiting you recently. The other one is an intimate photo of the both of you. Your house in the outskirts was under his name before, but he transferred it to you afterward."

Xinlan stared at the photos blankly. "You... How did you find out about these?"

Jungkook gave her a smile, "I wouldn't come to meet you today without any preparation, you have a past with him, and he's Mr. Wen. Am I right?"

"You..." Xinlan tried to suppress the sudden pain in her chest as she glared at Jungkook. However, she had no strength left to say another word.

"You've been with him for quite some time, yet you're just one of his mistresses. He wasn't particularly fond of you. Rumor has it that the woman he loved was Minjun's mother. Even Unjeong was just a marriage forced upon him. I'm sure this is the reason you turned your back on Mansik and left Kim Group. Is that correct?"