3:40

Gyungmi's cold voice entered her ear with the breeze, making Yumi's heart ache, yet she remained upright. She was about to say something when Gyungmi had already walked past her.

"Aunt Jeon, about Yugyeom, I'd like to personally apologize, but I... All these years, I haven't had it that great either. Auntie..."

Before Yumi could finish, Gyungmi had already walked ahead in huge strides. Clearly, she was not willing to stay for another second.

As she watched Gyungmi's figure move further away, Yumi clenched her fists. She was not sure why Gyungmi disliked her so much. She clearly received very different treatment from Lisa.

Years ago, when she had agreed to marry Jungkook, Gyungmi had come looking for her. She had failed to dish out good advice and had even spilled coffee onto her.

However, she was not the same as she had been years ago anymore. Now, she would get all her justice for all of the grudges. She had to have whatever she should. She, had returned from a blood-soaked rebirth. Was all the strife and struggle not for this?

She indifferently looked at Gyungmi's figure as she moved further away. Then, the dark storm brewing in Yumi's eyes gradually vanished.

No one had ever understood her struggles and pain. Whatever it was, they would have to at least suffer it once, including Jungkook!

Yugyeom, Minjun, and her child who did not make it, and now Yewon...

When she thought about this, she suddenly lowered her head and reached out to caress her flat belly while shutting her eyes painfully.

If it were not for that accident, he would probably be going to school now just like little Yewon. He would have been just as cute and as smart.

The corner of her eyes started to tear up. After a long while, she slowly opened her eyes and pushed the tears in her eyes back with much difficulty. She inhaled a deep breath and returned to her usual beauty and elegance.

After going through the many misfortunes, she was already used to holding back her emotions as she wished. This time for her return, there were too many things she needed to do. Taking revenge was just one of them.

She, had never been a weakling.

'Jungkook, you looked down on me. One day, I will make you suffer more than I did and lose more people than I did. Someone like you doesn't deserve to be happy. Your brother's blood is on your hands. What right do you have to happiness?' Yumi silently vowed in her heart.

Right now, things had only just begun.

A faint smiled curved on Yumi's lips before she sighed. Then, at this moment, Yang Sheng, who had gone over to find out about some things, had returned.

"Miss Gu, I've checked and Mr. Park is in VIP ward no. 19 on the 15th floor. He hasn't regained consciousness, and his condition doesn't look too good." Yang Sheng told Yumi everything he found out.

She nodded in gratitude. "Thanks, Assistant Yang. I'm fine here. I know you're busy too. You don't have to care about me. I want to be alone for a while, so you should leave first. If there's anything, I'll call you or Min. You don't have to accompany me. I'm quite tired too."

"Miss Gu, I..."

"I'm used to it. It's fine. Go now. I'll go back and lie down for a while."

Without waiting for him to finish, Yumi had already gotten up and walked into the building. In the end, Yang Sheng could only stand there, stunned. He did not follow after her either.

Yumi's figure vanished slowly at the end of the corridor and he frowned. He was about to call Mingyu, yet just as his hand reached into his pocket, there was suddenly the sound of footsteps from behind him. Just as he thought it sounded familiar, he quickly turned and saw him strolling over with both hands in his pockets.