2:32

Joonwoo put on a gentle smile when he saw Lisa’s slight frown. “It’s been a long time since the Jeon family had a celebration. Of course, we’re going to make it a big one. Don’t worry about it. I’ll handle this for you. Just go abroad, finish your wedding ceremony and enjoy your honeymoon. The banquet is on the 9th anyway, which is ten days later. Take it as a holiday for yourself. You guys have been working really hard lately.”

“Your grandfather is right. Where’s Gguk-ah? Is he still asleep?”

Boram handed Lisa a glass of warm water, pleased with this granddaughter-in-law of hers because she was easygoing, and most importantly, she could make her grandson happy, that was all they wanted to see.

“He’s in the shower. He went drinking with Bambam and Eunwoo last night. Although he took some pills to cure his hangover, he was still feeling a little dizzy this morning. It’s probably just some after-effects of drinking.”

Lisa thanked her and then accepted the water. “It’d be better to have a simpler wedding dinner. The guest list yesterday seemed fine,” she could not help but comment.

“It’s alright. We’re done preparing it, so you guys don’t have to worry about it. You two will just walk around and greet some people then. Your grandfather wants you to meet more people as well. Moreover, the elders from the Bhuwakul and the Cha families hope they can find a girl for Bambam and Eunwoo.” Boram smiled.

“Right, look at Bambam. He’s a few months older than Gguk-ah. When I sent the invitation over yesterday, he had time to be fussy and bicker like, ‘Aren’t you good at matchmaking? Why don’t you find one for Bambam?’

“What do you mean by that? It took me so many years to find Lisa for Gguk-ah. Otherwise, we’d still be worried right now. Okay, let’s not talk about this. Lisa, you can have breakfast first. I have something to talk to you about later.”

Lisa smiled and gave her a nod, then she went over to the table for breakfast.

“Have you two had breakfast?”

“We’ve had it earlier. Go ahead and enjoy yours. Don’t mind us,” Boram replied briefly and then continued her conversation with Joonwoo about the invitations.

Jungkook appeared at the staircase after Lisa had a few bites.

“Morning, Grandfather, Grandmother.” He sat down by the dining table after a brief greeting while Lisa poured him some milk.

“Morning!”

Boram and Joonwoo traded glances at each other as they watched the two of them have breakfast. Suddenly, they spoke quietly, “Did you notice that Gguk-ah has been feeling much better lately? That’s a rare smile early in the morning right there.”

“I bet he’s happy thinking about something pleasant,” Joonwoo replied with a smile.

He took the glass of milk from her and said, “I’m done packing. Take a look and see what else you need. We’ll only be back at night on the 8th. Don’t bother packing clothes. We have it over there.”

“Aren’t we taking the flight at 11 a.m.?”

“Mmm, Chan will come and pick us up later.”

She glanced at the clock. “It’s not even nine yet. It’s still pretty early. I’ll give Father a call before boarding the plane. You tell him about it. I should’ve visited him yesterday as well.”

“It’s already too late for you to remember this. I visited him two days ago. He’ll be heading over with my parents, so don’t worry.”

Jungkook looked at this little woman with a peculiar expression. She had been hesitating whether to call Marco over when she was at the Manoban Residence yesterday, but she gave up when she thought about Boonlong.