Chapter 26

Camilo's pov

"I really think this arranged marriage would benefit both of our mafia's, you see after the loss of your father I rea-" This man is really persistent and keen on us marrying off Isabella, we would never even think about it! I would much prefer for her to fall in love not to be forced into love.

"After our father's death Alessandro took the place as Don and has led our Mafia to greater success, we have become bigger and stronger and will continue too without an arranged marriage that will only benefit you." I state walking away from one of the many fathers that have tried to arrange a marriage, walking over to Isabella I see she's also caught in the same mess.

"As I was just saying to dear Isabella here, I think an arranged marriage would help-" The man starts as soon as he sees me reach Isabella's side. What is with people and arranged marriage's today, its like the fucking wedding season is coming up.

"No Isabella will not be getting married to anyone and if you have any complaints about that we can go talk to Alessandro." As soon as Alessandro's name left my mouth the man's face quickly paled as he scurried off with his son in tow.

Ha I love how everyone's scared of Alessandro.

"I will accept boyfriends but not marriages." I look down to see Isabella smirking, I already know she's going to try and get a boyfriend, and I'm not going to stand in her way but I know five others that will.

"I think your first dance belongs to Alessandro." I say passing her hand over to Alessandro, he leads her onto the dancefloor and they start dancing along to the music. All of the boys come over to me to watch as a crowd starts to form grabbing everyone's attention. Everyone's watching my principessa.

"She's not allowed to date till she's 30!" Rafaello acknowledged while his eyes were glued on Isabella, every nodded their heads in reply. All of us have been keeping an eye on Isabella this whole ball, just making sure she's safe and happy. Right now we don't have to though, we all know as long as she's with Alessandro nothing will harm her.

Yet we couldn't take our eyes off of them.

We all can see the effects of the chemo starting to happen, they may be small but we still notice them. She's gotten skinnier and you can tell she gets drained of energy quickly. Two nights ago Antonio came up to me confused and worried, he said that Isabella's hair was starting to fall out. She tries to hide it from us but we notice, none of us has said anything though, we know she will tell us when she's ready.

"You know I had probably more than 6 different men come up to me trying to arrange a marriage with Isabella." I quietly say knowing well that all my brothers could hear me, all their heads snap towards me with looks of rage in their eyes.

"You said no didn't you?" Rafaello questions looking as if he would kill any man that would come near her, all of us probably would.

"No I agreed with them. Of course I said no you idiota" I say smacking the back of Rafaello's head. He's always been protective of her from the day she was born. It crushed him the hardest when mum took her away from us.

Soon after the music changes and Isabella and Alessandro made their way off of the dancefloor, Isabella goes straight over to her friends while Rafaello walk's over to his friends that are not far behind Isabella.

"The Spanish want to talk about a peace treaty that they would like to arrange." I recalled the memory of the Don of the Spanish Mafia coming up to me to ask if he can talk about it with Alessandro popped into my mind.

"Well then we must talk." Alessandro nodded showing that he understood and started to make his way with me over to the Spanish Don.

"I heard you wanted to talk about a peace treaty, so let's talk" Alessandro addresses the man in front of us. Francisco Rodriguez Don of the Spanish Mafia, Father of Sebastian Rodriguez, the next in line.

Sebastian is 16 and a very skilled fighter, hand to hand combat is his specialty but he's also great with a gun. Exactly like his father.

"I would like to propose an alliance between our Mafia's. We can offer you extra protection towards Isabella, work together with shipments and become stronger against rival mafia's. I know you have a lot of enemies Alessandro." Francisco proposes. I can tell Alessandro will think of the offer.

"You have a lot of enemies as well." Alessandro replies with a stern expression on his face as his eye's scan the room looking for Isabella.

"Only the same one's as you, this-" Francisco was cut off by the lights turning off and the band abruptly stopping. gunshots started to ring out in the ball replacing the sound of the band.

"dov'è Isabella?" Alessandro grabs his gun out of his waistband and scans the room for any sign of Isabella or the boys. (where is Isabella?)

"Dovrebbe essere vicino alle scale sulla destra. Penso che sia vicina a Rafaello." I reply back grabbing my gun out as well as we rush towards the stairs. (She should be near the stairs on the right. I think she is close to Rafaello.)

Everyone has gone into full panic, bullet shells littered the floor. Francesco Alessandro and I all make our way over to the stairs to get a higher advantage point. Scanning the room I see Rafaello looking around panicked, there's a panicked Refaello but no Isabella. Just then the glass of all the windows smashed in and men in all black broke in with their guns out shooting anyone in sight.

"RAFAELLO." Alessandro's voice boomed throughout the ballroom causing Rafaello to realise what was happening and take cover as he ran over to us. Panic washes over Alessandro's face as he releases Isabella isn't anywhere in sight.

"Raffaello dov'è Isabella!" I demand grabbing onto Rafaellos shoulder staring him in the eyes. (where is Isabella!)

"Non lo so. era con i suoi amici poi le luci si sono spente e lei se n'era andata, ho controllato con i suoi amici ma si è separata da loro." Rafaello rush's out panicked, all colour drains out of Alessandro's and I's faces and the realisation of Isabella being in trouble really sets in. (I don't know. she was with her friends then the lights went out and she was gone, I checked with her friends but she got separated from them.)

"Rafaello go find the boy's tell them what's happening, Camillo come with me we need to find Isabella." Alessandro commands as we run into the gunfire. After ten minutes of searching and lots of dead body's Alessandro got a call from Isabella saying she's alright.

As soon as we got that call everyone got straight into their cars and rushed home. I got in the car with Rafaello and I don't think I have ever been so scared for my life, I don't think he knows what a speed limit or breaks are.

Alessandros pov

"Maybe one of us should go talk to her?" Dante questions, since Isabella went up to her room the younger 3 Antonio, Rafaello and Dante were all stressing about Isabella. We all are but she needs some time and space to process everything.

~~~~~~~

I called Francesco about the alliance after his son saved Isabella and he agreed that it will only bring good to our Mafia's. by the time the call was over and everything we settled between it was 1 in the morning.

holy fuck I'm tired.

I made my way down the hallway to my room, just when I was finally falling asleep I was woken back up by the quiet little footsteps of my sister. I was always a light sleeper, but ever since Isabella has come home I have been an extremely light sleeper, if someone turned a light switch off I would walk up from the sound of that.

Her small footsteps make their way over to my bed, I lift the doona up allowing her to crawl under. "Can't sleep?" I question even though I already know the answer. Eventually she lays her head on my chest, she's trying to match my breathing. But I do notice the one thing that's missing, her hair. she must have shaved it off, I do wish she went to one of us for support about it but I'm just proud that she did it herself.

She's our little guerriero (warrior)