Chapter 45

Isabella's pov
We have been driving for half an hour and now are on some old abandoned road that sliced through untouched forest, slowly we make our way onto a clearing of just snow.

"What are we doing?" I mumbled staring out at the forest that surrounded the clearing, we only come to a stop once we are in the centre.

"You'll see." Elio quickly stepped out of the car and makes his way to the boot, not being able to wait any longer I step out too. Staring into the distance I realise we are surrounded by nothing, it's like this place has never been touched by humanity, it's peaceful.

Quite.

Two thuds caught my attention as my gaze snaps towards the creator of the loud noise. Looking over I see Elio a fair distance away from the car with two duffel bags besides him.

Are we fleeing the country?

"Who did you upset?" I whispered accusingly as I eyed the two duffel bags, he must have done something really bad if we are making a run for it.

"You mean who upset me." Elio stated with a smirk creeping across his face, oh god.

"Arewegoingtokillsomeone!" I spluttered, I can't kill somebody, no no not again. I subconsciously I begin to chew on my lip nervously only realising when the familiar metallic taste enters my mouth.

"No! God no I would never put you through that! Fuck Isabella who do you think I am?" Elio objected, running a nervous hand through his hand. "We aren't killing anyone, just destroying their pride and joy....their car!"

I stare at Elio confused as he poors the contents out of the bag, guns, baseball bats, knife's, gasoline, lighters, grenades and other random things fall out, leaning down he grabs grabs a baseball bat and points it in the direction of the car.

"And since I know you have some pent up emotions in you, la-"

"No I don't."

"Honey we can all see it, don't try to fool yourself." Am I that easy to read?

"Anyways as I was saying-" he points the handle of the baseball bat towards me. "Ladies first."

For a moment I'm frozen in shock, how the hell did I end up here! But before I know it my feet are moving on their own and my hand is gripping the end of the baseball bat. Snow crunches under my feet. I quickly glance back, Elio just nods his head slightly in support.

I guess it's now or never.

I quickly climb onto the bonett of the car and swing the bat back over my head, putting as much weight into it the bat quickly makes its way into the windshield of the car, shards of glass fly everywhere as I strike the windshield again and again and again, each time with a wrenching scream that escapes my lips. Heaving I stop, hot tears run down my face as I turned my attention back to Elio, he no longer was wearing a smug smirk on his face, instead it was replaced with a sad smile. His eye silently asked if I was okay as I just nodded in response.

"We we don't have all day." He laughed trying to lighten up the mood, grabbing a knife he begins to carve out the word revenge on the door panels.

We continue our merciless attack on the car, shedding the inside with knives and smashing the outside with baseball bats, knives and bullet holes, by the end Elio starts to douse the car in gasoline and places 3 grenades under the car, he places a different explosive device on the bonnet of the car before turning to look at me with a serious expression.

"Isa I'm going to need you to get to the edge of this clearing and wait for me okay?" He questions a little nervous, if we fuck this up we will both be dead. I don't even reply I just start 500 meter jogging to the safety of the forest. Elio follows not long after.