Chapter 43

Peace is something in this world that can easily be destroyed. It's played with too much, and before we know it it's gone, swept away like a speck of sand in a raging ocean. Its cries for help are drowned out by the constant noise, constant movement, constant complaints, constant pain, constant feelings, and the constant fear of the unknown.

All around the world peace is being destroyed, in friendships, homes, families, towns, cities, countries, united countries, civil wars, war, hatred, politics...

Life

Peace is the building block to life.

Santino's Pov
I'm woken up by the ringtone of my phone, 1:24am is displayed above Alessandros contact name.

"Yes." I uttered sitting up in my bed and flicking the side lamp on, I check my side table for my gun while I wait for a response.

"Have you checked on Isa?" Alessandros voice comes out worried, I could hear muffled noises from the background.

"I checked on her before I went to bed at 12, she was asleep and breathing." I try to reassure my oldest son, but in reality I'm really trying to reassure myself.

"Check on her again." Alessandro replied uncertain with my response. What's going on?

"Are you guys alright, is something happening?" I question getting out of bed and start making my way to Isa's room.

"No we're fine, I just have a bad feeling about something, I've checked all the boys, the wearhouses, shipments, emails, everything except Isa, I have no way to Check on Isa myself....last time I had this feeling she wasn't safe." Alessandro explained. He just wants to keep her safe, we all do.

I enter Isabella's room, my eyes dart to her empty bed, scanning for any signs of entry from the windows my eyes trail off to the half open bathroom door. My heart drops as I see the shattered mirror with drops of blood on it and the bloodied up arm of my daughter as the door concealed the rest of her body.

"Fuck." Was all I could say as I hung up and dropped my phone on the floor focusing on helping my daughter as quickly as possible.

She's dead, she died under my care, I couldn't protect my own daughter

Placing two fingers on her neck I desperately search for a pulse. I finally release a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding in when I find a steady pulse. Looking at her broke my heart in ways I never thought it could be. Small cuts from the glass littered her limbs, a few larger gashes can be found on her knuckles as I assumed she punched the mirror.

My phone rang multiple times probably form Alessandro being so concerned.

Lifting her fragile body up I carry her to the bed, placing her down I quickly returned to the bathroom to grab the medical kit from underneath the the sink. Each room has a medical kit just in case of an emergency.

I need to clean and disinfect Isabella's  wounds as quickly as possible because her immune system is already compromised by the chemo so any small infection she might get from these cuts could be extremely serious and potentially dangerous.

Isabella's pov
I'm hit with a wave of nausea as o slow start to wake up, rolling over and grabbing the trash can next to me I start to throw up. My arms are wrapped in bandages, my knuckles on my right hand are also wrapped but small splotch's of red seep through.

"You're okay." Alessandro tries to calm me down by rubbing circles on my back.

How the fuck did he get here

"You've been sleep for a day and a bit so I'm going to get you some water, I'll be right back okay." Sandro states as he leaves my room.

I'm so confused right now, first of all who found me after I punched the mirror secondly how many bandages did they use because I feel like a mummy and third of all when did Alessandro get here I though he was on the other side of the country in the middle of a snow storm.

"So how was your first fight" Sandro strolls back into the room with a glass of water.

I stare at him confused. "What?"

"With the mirror, don't know what it said to you but it must have been bad if you decided to punch it." Sandro chuckles to himself as he hand me the glass of water. "So why did you punch the mirror?"

"When did you get here?" I question trying my best to change the subject. If they find out I keep seeing dead people they are definitely going to disown me.

"Don't try and change the subject, I asked the question first and you will answer it, once you answer it then I will answer yours." Sandro stated, leaning back on the chair besides my bed as he focused on me allowing him to catch any lies I might tell.

"I don't know-"

"Lie"

"There was a bug-"

"Dont lie"

"I didn't mean to-"

"Stop lying to me, just tell me why you did it."

"I can't, I can't tell you okay!" Tears burn in the corner of my eyes. They'll just get rid of me, I'm broken.

"Yes you can Isabella, just tell me what happened, what's going on in that head of yours" Alessandro raises his voice getting more frustrated.

"No"

"Isabella please just let me-"

"GET OUT GET OUT OF MY ROOM" I screamed as hot tears started to run down my cheeks. My throat starts to close in on itself as my lungs feel like they are constricting.

I can't let anyone see me like this.

"I'm not leaving until I know what's going on, I need-"

"LEAVE ME A-ALONE" I stumble over my words try my best to stop myself from hyperventilating.

"Isa"

My hands find their way towards my neck as I try to stop this, I need to stop, I'm too weak.

Suffocating silence swallows the room as Alessandro pulls me into his embrace.

"No, no le-leave leave me a-a-alone" I hiccup pushing against his chest as his grip only tightens.

Crumpling into his embrace my sobs fill the room.

"Please just let me help you." Alessandro pleads, his voice is filled with raw pain. "I just want to help you, please just let me help you Isa, let me take away your burdens, I'm begging you."

"I can't."

"Yes you can."

"I won't."