Chapter 37

Isabella's pov

No, no no NO! Everything was alright...well it was shit but this is so much shittier.

My breath starts to quicken as I feel that awful crushing sensation on my chest again. My vision is just a blur as I try to stumble away from him.

As I try to stumble away from my father.

"Isabella, come here... I know it must be a shock, but we can talk about it." My dad's voice softens as I can see his blurred figure walking towards me.

"FUCKING ASSHOLE!" I scream in his face as my fist collides with his nose. His head snaps to the side as his figure tenses. Not taking any chances I sprint towards the entrance of my house, a gun was lazily left on a small table next to the door. Grabbing it I hurry toward my exit.

The doors swing open as another man walks in. Shit shit shit. I turn on my heels and quickly make my way over to the bathroom. Everyone was chasing me and my dad was no longer calm.

Wow i never knew punching someone in the nose would piss them off, I also dont think he liked it when I called him a 'fucking asshole'

As soon as I'm in the bathroom I realise that I've just gotten myself cornered.

"T-take one step closer and I'll...I'll shoot." My voice quivers as tears stream down my face, my hands are shaking uncontrollably... I've lost control of everything.

I watch as my dad takes a step closer not even caring if I shoot him, blood stained under his nose and on his hand where he must have wiped it.

"Don't move any closer or...or I'll shoot myself." My voice cracks in pain as I turn the gun towards my forehead. I've lost control of everything else... this is the only control I have, the only thing.

"Isabella put the gun down, your not going to shoot yourself. Everyone leave." He looks so scared, scared that I'm going to shoot myself. At this point I've been hyperventilating for 5 minutes and it's really starting to take effect.

Footsteps retreat back down the hall and now it's only my dad and I.

"Hey, look at me...it's okay just try to calm down a bit, just focus on your breathing." He said quietly as he took another step towards me.

"How about we name each of your brothers youngest to oldest?" I shake my head no as my breathing is still irrational. He takes another step closer

"That's okay we don't have to do that, how about we name 5 things we can see?" He paused looking extremely worried at my state as I shake my head no again. Another step is taken away from the distance between us.

"That's alright, well.... summer has to be the best season, like its hot, you can go to the beach and Australians have it so lucky because their Christmas is during summer." A glint of hope lights up in his eyes as i stare at him confused.

"N-no winters...wi-winter is bet...better" I stutter, still not being able to control my breathing.

"No really, I don't believe that. How is winter so good?" A small smirk sneaks up on his features.

"Because.... theres theres sn-snow." My breathing starts to slow down a little bit. My hand with the gun in it lowers to my side.

"Oh you like the snow? Well I bet you $50 I would beat you in a snowball fight!"

"N-no you wouldn't" I mumble looking down at my feet feeling exhausted. The weight of the gun was slowly lifted out of my hand and a light force gently pushed me down onto the floor so I was sitting down. The metal from the gun scraped against the floor as it was pushed to the other side of the room. I never realised how close my dad was getting until he was sitting in front of me with a soft expression.

"I ju-just want to go home." I mutter as my eyelids start to get extremely heavy. My mind is starting to shut off, I'm not even processing where I am or who I'm with....I'm just exhausted.

"I know you do Il mio piccolo, I know." My dad said slowly, pulling me into his safe warm embrace. (My little one)

"I want my mum back." I mumble as sleep consumes me.

Santino's pov

I was furious, how did she get here! She wasn't meant to find out like this.... but what enraged me the most was the fact that she nearly killed herself with one of my men's fucking gun!

What is going on in that little mind of hers.

She was fast asleep in my arms, and I wish it could stay like this forever, I never wanted you to leave us il mio piccolo. I just wanted you to be safe.

Lifting her up in my arms she was as light as a feather, she squirmed a little but before mumbling leave me alone Camilo

She's so light....they better have fed her!

If I find out those boys were rude to her or the tiniest bit arrogant towards her... they would probably hate me for a while once I'm done with them.

"She alright?" My brother Nicolo questions as I carry Isabella's sleeping form up the stairs.

"dovrebbe stare bene, solo un attacco d'ansia. Hai informato Alessandro che Isabella è qui?" I state staring down at her fragile features.

(she should be alright, just an anxiety attack. Have you informed Alessandro that Isabella is here?)

"Solo un attacco d'ansia? STAVA PER UCCIDERSI! sì Alessandro è stato informato, ha detto che avrebbe cercato di arrivare qui il più velocemente possibile, ma c'è una violenta bufera di neve e non è sicuro di riuscire a portare la macchina fuori dal garage." Nicolo says frustrated rubbing his temple.

(Just an anxiety attack? SHE WAS GOING TO KILL HERSELF! yes Alessandro has been informed, he said he'd try to get here as fast as he can but there's an extremely bad blizzard and he's not sure if he can even get his car out of the garage.)

Once I made it to my room I placed Isabella on the bed and kissed her temple.

"dormi bene piccolo mio" I said before making my way over to the couch on the other side of my room. I'm not leaving her side.

Not again.