Chapter 41

Leonardo's pov

My father, uncle Matteo, Valentino and I are all gathered in Santino's office talking about Isabella. Santino's been living here for the past 2 and a half years, no one outside our mafia knows he's alive and we want to keep it that way for just a little longer.

" She needs to get her chemo treatment done today, one of you are going to have to take her to the hospital." Santino said rubbing his head trying to ease the growing migraine we all share. I know Santino wants to go and be there for Isabella but it's too much of a risk, if he's seen alive it will start a war and possibly destroy any trust allied mafias would have in us.

"It possesses too much of a security risk to let Isabella out of the house, what if something happens, what if we are attacked, Isabella has no training and doesn't knows how to deal with theses types of situations!" My dad Nicolo protests. He doesn't want to loose Isa again, none of us do.

"Than what brother, Isabella's condition gets worse and we loose her because of our arrogance, and fear that she's going to get hurt."  Matteo argues back, he's right we need to stop arguing over this and just get Isabella the treatment she needs.

"Why don't we send 3 of us with her, up the guards, set a perimeter around the hospital filled with under covers. That way if anything does happen we will see it coming." Valentino being's, his judgment is never clouded by his emotions. He's always been able to come up with plans in any situation, if our family wasn't in the mafia I reckon he'd make a pretty good party planner. I even suggested it to him once but he didn't take it too well and gave me a black eye and walked away saying how 'I should plan how to cover this up'.

" Okay well now we have to decide who will go with her, I think Val" I'm cut of by the boys yelling. What the fuck is Elio and Lorenzo doing.

"As I was saying I think Valentino and I should go because she's started to trus...." I stop myself again as I watch two legs lowering themselves down one of the support beams from the balcony. "Is that fucking Isabella?" I say confused. Every looks up to the direction I'm staring with a puzzled look.

"What the fuck is she doing?" Nicolo stated extremely confused.

"Looks like she's trying to make an escape from your two boys." Santino laughs to himself as we all continue watching Isabella shimmy her way to the ground before she makes a run for it to the guarden.

"Well that was fucking weird." Valentino laughed walking out of the office.

Isabella's Pov

"Mum look it's snow!" I scream excitedly running out the kitchen door to our back garden, giggling I turn around to see mum holding 3 year old Anne. She looks down at me with a big smile as I run further into the snow, dancing around singing Christmas songs I flop onto my back.

"I can't wait for Santa! He's, He's going to bring me a pony and some chocolates and a dog, oh and also a dog for Anne so they will be best friends and and he will bring me a unicorn!" I squeal as snow presses up against my neck as I continue making snow angels.

"A unicorn hey? What if Santa runs out of unicorns?"  Mom laughs fixing Anne's little pink beanie.

"That's okay as long as he brings the horse and the dog oh and I forgot he needs to remember to bring me some barbies!" I start rolling around the snow allowing it to get under my jumper and in my shoes.

"Isa your gonna catch a cold if you stay out here any longer."mom looks down at me with a smile, the only thing was it wasn't her voice that said that, it was a man's voice.

"Isa"

"Isa?" I look up to see Valentino walking towards me with a beanie in his hand.

"Did you say something?" I question snapping out of my haze. Whipping my face with the back of my hand only just realising I whipped away my tears. I didn't realise I started to cry at the thought of Mom and Anne.