Chapter 49

Isabella's pov

"So it's your birthday in 10 minutes, better start thinking about what your going to wish for." Rora silently stated while looking up at the stars, we climbed onto the roof from my balcony an hour ago and have been up here stargazing since, it's so peaceful. There are millions of stars even in the darkest of nights, never overcrowded. Yet, each distant glimmer above could hold an unspoken wish, one that might never be granted.

"All I can think of is that we aren't caught climbing off of this roof once its 12." I laugh quietly hoping not to be caught. I couldn't think of a better way of being 16 than being caught on the roof.

Silence consumes us again as we stare up into nothingness, I can hear Aurora rummaging around in her pocket for something, sitting up rora hands me an unlit joint, while she holds a candle and a lighter. Lighting the candle she quietly sings happy birthday to me as I try and supress my laughter, before blowing out the candle rora uses it to light the joint then she holds the candle out infront of me.

"Happy birthday izzy." She smiles at me as I blow out the candle and inhale from the joint just enough to make my head spin.

"Your such a bad influence on me you know that right?" I whisper laugh but I'm pretty sure I was a little louder than I thought. oh well I hope no one heard.

As the joint circulates through our quiet celebration, the weight of the stars above feels both comforting and heavy. Aurora looks at me with a knowing expression.

"You need moments like these, Izzy," she says softly. Her words linger in the air as we continue to gaze at the stars, lost in the vastness of the night. The scent of the joint mingles with the cool breeze, creating an atmosphere that wraps us in a cocoon of shared secrets.

"And when the world gets too loud," Aurora adds, breaking the silence, "just look up at the stars. They've been here longer than any of our problems, and they'll be here long after. It's like they're saying, 'No matter what happens, we're still here.'" 

Although I know she cant see me I silently nod in agreement, drawing a big breath from the joint in hopes that it will suffocate any rising feeling.

"When did you become so poetic?" I laughed at my own joke as if I was the funniest person alive, aurora just stared at me questioning first but started to giggle slightly.

"I think you have had enough of that." She reaches for the nearly finished blunt in my hand but I just roll out of reach and finish it off. 

I'm so hungry.

"Lets get food!" I exclaim excitedly, pushing myself onto my knees I crawled through the snow over to the edge of the roof and lower myself onto my balcony without even waiting for rora, hahah rora like a dinosaur...rora hahaha I'm hilarious.

Rora was right behind me as we tried to 'quietly' make our way downstairs, laughing as each time one of us trips the other over. 

I HAVE THE BEST IDEA EVER!

"Can I have a piggyback ride?" I question excitedly jumping onto roras  back before she could even protest, gripping onto her head with one hand I point to the direction of the kitchen.

"FOrwARds Into THe unknown!" I whisper the last part trying to add dramatic effect, rora just laughs as she begins to walk towards the kitchen. Once where in the kitchen we make our way over to the pantree where I see a packet of Oreos stashed in the top corner just out of reach.

"If I lay on the ground you can stand on my back and grab the Oreos!" Aurora announces as if it's a foolproof plan. I quickly jump off her. Aurora layed flat on the ground and I began to stand on her back, reaching up I was still too far away...its like I was higher up when I was on her back.