chapter 30

Isabella's pov

"sorry."

Was all I could manage to say otherwise I would have broken down, broken into a million pieces and been blown away never to be seen again. I don't know why but sometimes I wish that happened, I wish that everything around me would just stop, that the stress and worry would disappear. That I wasn't here at all, never even existed. At least for one day.

One day of peace...Is that really too much to ask for?

What would mum say?

She would probably be disappointed in me and how I only ever try to run away from my problems hoping they would go away. WEAK. That's what I am, I weak and useless.

The twins are amazing at everything they do, Antonio knows everything and anything about cars and will ALWAYS win a car race, Cristian is extremely smart and an amazing doctor, and Camillo has taken on the role of making sure all his siblings are alright, chasing us around making sure we don't destroy the world. Then there's Alessandro, He is the boss of the greatest Mafia in the world right now plus he runs multiple other businesses while making sure his family has everything they need even before they realise they need it.

All of my brothers are amazing and strong, but here I am, I can't drive cars I'm not smart or good at anything, I don't know the first thing about medicine or taking care of a family and I certainly don't run a Mafia. I am just a sick girl who cowards away from her problems and is a weakness in her family. I am the ugly flaw of the family, the one you try to cover up but no matter what people always see it.

The look on the boy's faces were broken, broken from seeing me like this. I hate that! I hate that I have caused this family more pain than happiness ever since I came here.

"Isabella, you don't have to be sorry." Camillo comes over to me and squeezes the life out of me with a hug.

"Now eat your pancakes! We are going out after this." Antonio states as he walked out of the kitchen to some random room in the house. Camillo just sat next to me on his phone waiting for me to finish eating everything on my plate, as soon as I was he grabbed the plate and put it in the dishwasher not letting me do it myself.

After a little while, I tried to go back up to my room to be swallowed by my bed again but I was stopped by the sound of clover running towards me, I look over to where I can hear clover and see Antonio standing behind her with a leash.

"Come on we are going for a walk." He said pulling me by my arm outside and to his car.

The car ride had awkwardness lingering in the air, Antonio would repeatedly look over to me to check I was okay and when I thought he was about to ask me something he would stop himself and focus on the road instead. We finally arrived at a park I noticed there were no guards around and there weren't many people here either.

"Where are the guards?" I question because every time I seem to leave the front door there are always at least 4 guards following me around like those annoying flies that never disappear.

"I didn't think we needed many, plus I wanted to talk to you without them sticking their noses in our business" Antonio states as we start walking around. There was an awkward silence that lingered between us suffocating my thoughts. What does he want to talk about? Did he and the others finally decide they don't want me? Oh no, they hate me, my own family hates me!

But what came out of his mouth instead confused me.

"Isa, please tell me what's going on. If not me at least one of our brothers because we are all extremely worried about you." He confessed staring at me waiting for a response. They're worried about me?