Chapter SIXTY-NINE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Before everyone else could recover from the shock of what I just did, Nick ran forward and took the gun, putting it in the waist of jeans. He searched the body of the man I shot and found phones. he brought them out and turned out the phones belongs to the others. He gave everyone their phones as I stood there while Bex leaned on me.

Luke watched the whole scene unfold and eventually gluing his gaze to Axel's body on the ground. He stood there traumatized. We didn't feel threatened by his presence because he had no weapon on him.

Nick passed a look at Luke and sighed. "Everyone, let's go" he said and we followed him. My body ached and different parts of my body stung. I followed Nick with Bex still leaning against me as I passed one last look at the room we were about to leave. I sighed in relief and looked away, meeting Zoey's gaze. She passed me a smile and I smiled back before finally stepping out of the room.

"I'm sorry" Bex suddenly gasped and my gaze softened as I looked at her. "I really am. I was too trapped in what I thought was love. I wanted something to rely on because I was breaking apart due to all the family problems. Mom started drinking ever since dad left with his secretary after the pregnancy issue. Kevin kept himself busy with school and projects while I let myself drown in the fantasy I believed was love with Luke. I'm really sorry" she sobbed.

"It's okay, Bex. Let's focus on getting you to the hospital for now" I smiled at her and she nodded slowly. Zoey sneaked a look at Bex before looking away immediately. My mind briefly went back to the person I shot. Oh my God. What if he's dead? What about Axel? I shouldn't have done that! What will I do if I get arrested? Goodness, I really shouldn't have.

We followed behind Nick as he led us through the dark passage. After walking for a little while, we found a door and Nick opened it. Cool midnight breeze welcomed us and I felt a smile grow on my face. This is it. I'm leaving this hell. Eddy walked towards me "I'll take over from here" he said and I nodded as I handed Bex over to him. She leaned against him and I watched at he helped her towards a silver car parked at a distance. Elijah's car.

Speaking of Elijah, we didn't exactly leave on good terms so I don't even know what we are. Everyone but Nick and I was already waiting by the car. I looked at Nick but he was staring into the distance. Sighing, I took only a step when I heard a voice yell from inside the warehouse but I didn't hear clearly. It sounded like Luke's voice.

"Help me!" he repeated and I turned around. I passed Nick a look, meeting his gaze this time around.

"Wait here" Nick said as he walked back into the darkness. I looked over my shoulder at others who were by the car. They passed me worried looks probably wondering why Nick went back inside. I bit my lower lip, debating whether to go into the warehouse as well. He might need my help...

Without overthinking it, I rushed back into the warehouse and into the room we just left. I was met with Axel pointing a gun to Luke's head. Baffled, I let out a gasp catching Axel's attention. He smirked and limped backwards, pulling Luke with him. Nick had a pistol pointed at him from a short distance.

"He's your son! What are you doing?!" I couldn't help but yell. Nick looked at me as his eyes grew wide in fear.

"What are you doing? Damn it! I told you to stay! You never listen to me!" He yelled, frustrated.

"Let him go" I said. "Let Luke go, dad" I added, forcing out the last word. Axel stared at me, holding my gaze. I slowly walked towards him. "What do you want exactly?" I asked. "You don't need Luke. You don't need to hurt him" I said as I got closer to him. I felt Nick's gaze pierce my back as I got closer to Axel.

"Alex!" Nick yelled, jerking Axel from his trance. He regained his stance and pointed the gun at me. "Fuck!" Nick exclaimed.

"Stay back. One more step and I'm shooting" He said and I stopped in my tracks. "I'm not your dad, you fucking slut" he spat. Luke trembled and quickly ran over to Nick's side as soon as the gun was pointed to me.

"I'll put a bullet in your head before you dream of shooting her, you asshole" Nick said. Luke dashed out of the room, leaving me in the middle of two people pointing guns at eachother. Well, one gun was pointed at me.

"Try me" Axel smirked.

Nick scoffed. "What do you want?" he asked. I breathed heavily, keeping my gaze on Axel.

"To leave here safely" he said. Nick scoffed again, raising an eyebrow.

"Safely? After all you've done? You've gotta be fucking kidding me. I either kill you or you're rotting in jail with your friends" Nick stated and Axel snorted.

"Alright then, I can't loose both ways. I'll have to kill your girlfriend here" he said. I glanced at Nick after hearing the word 'girlfriend' just in time to catch him glancing at me as well.

"Fine, deal. Put your gun down then" Nick said hesitantly. I watched Axel smirk in triumph.

"I'm not dumb. Let me leave first" he said. Nick narrowed his eyes and nodded, slowly lowering his gun.

"Go on" he said.  Axel started making his way out of the room with the gun still pointed at me. Nick walked in slow strides towards me as well.

"This is the police. We have this place surrounded-" A loud speaker said from outside and I felt excitement spread all over my stomach. Yes! Thank Goodness!

"Fuck!" Axel cursed as Nick raised his gun back up and pointed it at him.

"You have no choice now" Nick smirked at him. Before I understood what was going on, Axel pulled the trigger and I closed my eyes as I fell to the ground due to a weight. He bolted out of the room after.

Nick laid on me as he groaned. I realized what just happened. "Nick! Nick! Can you hear me?" I shook him as I tried to shift his body. His head laid on the crook of my neck as he breathed heavily through his mouth. Tears pricked the corner of my eyes as blood started to the back of shirt. This is all my fault. My palm grazed over the blood as I started crying.

I managed to push him away from me as he rolled to the ground, laying on his back. My legs wiggled as I knelt beside him and placed his head on my lap. "I'm sorry" I cried. "I'm really sorry. This is all my fault"

His eyes were drooping but he was still conscious. I could tell from how his chest rose and fall. "Help!! Somebody help!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and four police men rushed in with their guns and torchlight. They shone it in my face and I squinted my eyes.

"We have an injured person here. Immediate medical assistant is required" One of the police men said into a speaker. Two men rushed in wearing white about two minutes later with a bed. The lifted him onto the bed and rushed him outside the warehouse as I followed.

Elijah rushed over to me and the others followed "What happened in there?" I looked at him before my legs gave up and I passed out, falling into a pair of arms instead of the cold hard ground.

××××××××××××××××
21/04/2022