S1|E2: My Autistic Lover (Chaeryeong)

To Nurse Lee Chaeryeong,

To our knowledge, not everyone living on this planet is perfect, at least from their point of view... But we all say to each other in need of comfort that we're all flawed and different in many ways and that nobody is the same as the other.

The same can be said for those that we're born with deficiencies since childbirth or perhaps tragic incidents. However, in this unmerciful world, these people were seen by most as nothing but wastes of space waiting to be trashed.

This may seem like harsh words but unfortunately, that's how cruel humanity can be as they lack compassion and patience for others... Despite how dark the planet is... There is a dim light of hope, not everyone has the same perspectives as them and one of those persons happens to be you, Nurse Chaeryeong.

If you genuinely viewed our patients as worthless, you wouldn't have come to my office and accepted this particular job in the first place.

Sincerely, I congratulate you on passing your finals and being accepted by the nursing regulatory board. But I must warn you that this job has a lot of responsibilities that many others would refuse to do themselves and you'll be pushed to your limits to the point where your mind and body want to quit.

But I believe in you, Chaeryeong, I would've never hired you if I didn't think you'd be able to treat our newest patient that had recently gotten here.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

From,
Chief Physician Park Jin-young of JYP Mental Institute

----------------------------------------------

Chaeryeong's POV

Now, I've been working for special needs patients with down syndrome, autism, you name it for some time. But this new patient's case named Lee Y/N is quite an interesting one as there are not many details other than that he was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum since childhood.

Reading the description of Lee Y/N, he had a lot of difficulties from refusing to cooperate with the medical staff members to being hostile to anyone who gets too close.

Guess he doesn't take a liking to strangers, which isn't surprising as sometimes they can be aggressive to their caregivers and others. This isn't going to be easy but I've dealt with worse.

"Hey, Chaer!" My sister Chaeyeon called me and I hummed.

"What patient are you treating now?" She curiously asked me.

"Oh, Lee Y/N, the new one who just came in a few days ago," I answered her.

"I see, but I have to warn you when we tried to ask questions, he snapped and physically pushed us away thus we had to get security to restrain him." She explained to me and I deeply sighed at how stupid my co-workers can be.