S3|E5: Mistaken (Leeseo)

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

Waking up early in the morning with the bulge call, it was around five in the morning, I got up from my bunk and got myself ready for the day.

After I was finished brushing my teeth and showering, I got to the mess hall to eat breakfast, I grabbed a tray along with utensils and went in line to get the food.

Once I was done grabbing all of my breakfast items, I sat on an open table alone and began eating.

"Sergeant Y/N Takahashi, please report to Captain David Walker, immediately," I hear the intercom announce.

Quickly, I finished my chow and left the mess hall, I walked to the main office building on base and entered inside.

Greeting me there, was fellow officers and I greeted them back, once I got to Captain David's office I knocked on his door.

"Come in!" I heard.

Opening the door and closing it, I salute him and he told me to take a sit.

"Sergeant Y/N, congratulations, you've been cleared for active duty." He informed me.

"Remind me, how long were you prisoned in that POW camp?" He asked.

"About three months, sir," I answered.

"You were given the opportunity to leave the Army and leave a peaceful civilian life yet you choose to stay, why is that?" He curiously asked.

"Because being an Army green beret is what I'm born for," I simply answered and he nodded.

"I'm assuming you have a mission for me?" I asked.

"Not exactly, but I've got word from high command that you'll be reassigned to Japan," He answered.

"When do I leave?" I asked.

"Later today, so best pack your things, dismissed." He replied and I nodded.

Leaving his office, I had many thoughts in mind as I'd never been to Japan for a long time since my parents immigrated here to America.

Anyway, I went to my dorm and packed up all of my belongings and equipment, I head down to the airstrip where a C-130 Hercules was waiting for me and others deploying to Japan.

Boarding onto the aircraft, the pilot soon began taxiing to the runway when everyone else is settled.

The C-130 takes off to the skies and set course for the airbase in Japan, the flight was about six hours long, and we finally reached our destination.

Landing on the runway, the C-130 taxis into the airbase, and the crew chiefs began towing the cargo plane into the hangar.

The cargo door lowers down allowing us to exit the aircraft, we were greeted by our fellow soldiers.