S4|E4: Guardian of Utopia (Kim Jisoo)

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

Ughhhh... Why do I always get boring assignments...? Bloody traffic duty, literally all I've been doing the past few hours is just monitoring vehicles and ensuring the speed limit is being enforced.

Before the asteroid hit Earth, everyone is practically speeding since nobody really gives a shit about the law but now with Vampires playing a major role in our society, there are little to no incidents.

Oh right, I probably should introduce myself... My name is Kim Y/N, I'm a Corporal in the newly formed Imperial Peacekeeping Force or IPF, our duty is to ensure the safety of the citizens and follow the orders of our District Governor.

I was assigned to the overnight traffic watch shift, like I said, it was boring as hell as the night was quiet and silent as everyone is at home resting at this time.

"Hey, got any ideas or games to pass the time? I mean, there's nothing out here to look out for," My partner Corproal Jungkook asked and I sighed.

"I spy?" I suggested and he shrugged.

"Why not?" He replied.

"Aight, I spy with my little eye a tall light post," I hinted.

"Come on man, that's literally the street light in front of us, give me a good one," He answered and I dropped my head on my hands gripping the handles of my speeder bike.

"Sorry dude, I'm out of ideas..." I apologized and he sighed.

Out of nowhere, we heard a blood-curdling scream about a few blocks away, we both got startled and disturbed because it certainly didn't sound human or any critter that could be lurking in the city.

The hairs on our arms raised up as we got goosebumps, never in our lives have we ever heard something so terrifying and unsettling.

"All units! All units! We have a code one at sector twelve! I repeat code one at sector twelve! All available units respond immediately!" We heard the operator order.

"Come on, we better check it out!" I pointed it out and he nodded.

Igniting the speeder's engines, we put on our helmets, sped off onto the main road, turned on our flashing lights and sirens, and reached the sector.

Arriving at the scene of the situation where the operator reported, we found nothing but an empty alleyway.

Getting off our bikes, we drew out our DC-15 Blaster Carbines, switched on the light attachment, and investigate the area.

With Jungkook watching my rear, we slowly and cautiously explored the alleyway for any signs of potential threats.

"See anything back there?" I asked.

"Nothing yet," He reported.

Continuing our search, we found trails of blood over the wall, not only that but there are also scratch marks meaning that some sort of dangerous predator is nearby as the blood is fresh.