S1|E9: Take My Hand (Park Jiwon)

Requested by: @IamZod

—————————————————

Jiwon's POV

"What do you mean that my contract has been terminated?!" I asked my boss as I couldn't believe what was happening.

"Look, Jiwon, you've been a great model and asset to my company but I'm afraid your popularity has dropped since the rookie NewJeans group got hired. I'm sorry but I'm giving you a few hours to pack up your things and leave." He explained to me and I groaned out of frustration.

Of course, this was now happening to me... Recently, things weren't going so great for me as the ratings of my photos on magazines and social media haven't been doing well unlike before.

Here's the funny part, once I asked my mother when my time would be up and you know what she said to me?

"Heh... When the rookies start to come in, the definition of beauty always changes over time, and if you don't keep up with it, your ass will be left behind."

Yeah, at first, I didn't think much of it due to myself not believing that the predicament I'm currently in wouldn't ever happen but here I am...

All of the fame, the spotlight, and my beauty is now worth nothing to everyone these days as these new rookie models have been taking the attention of major critics and buyers. Unreal, isn't it?

Well, none of that matters now as I have bigger issues to tend to as I'm left with nearly no money or a place to call home as the dorm I used to stay in is owned by the company.

My former manager had been re-assigned to the new rookie model group leaving me with absolutely nothing but my own cold and lonely soul.

I've made multiple attempts with other modeling companies or anyone but I was met with no luck as nobody wanted to hire an old body.

Now, I rot in the streets clinging to my life and barely making it through with little to no scraps of food and money.

At this point in my life, I see little to no hope of anything changing for the better as my life has always been a mess before my modeling career as I've always been having family problems and bad luck with relationships.

All the previous men I've dated are only with me due to my wealth and popularity, there was no genuine connection at all forcing me to break up with them.

The only family I had was my mother as my father had left us for another woman, leaving only her to raise me.

Day by day, I starved but thanks to the kindness of other fellows that share the same situation, I was able to make it by.

Day by day, I prayed to the Lord and Savior of the planet but I was met with no answers from them or any sign of hope.

Day by day, I endured provocation and termination from those that look down on people like us, as they believe we're nothing but no good dumbasses that made nothing but unwise decisions such as turning to sinful acts, drug addictions, you name it.