Chapter 2: Remember.

Chapter 2: Remember.

"Girlllll." Aaliyah says as soon as she sees me.

"Hey." I say as I walk to my first class.

"Jackie just got to school. She's really brave showing her face here after the news of her pregnancy got leaked on Grillo yesterday." Aaliyah says, pulling her phone out of her pocket. Grillo is the school's app and also the hub for gossip and news on the hookup culture at this school. It's like Instagram, but messier.

Aaliyah is my best friend, she talks my ear off every time I am around her, but she has my back. So, I'm keeping her close

"Maybe it's just a rumor." I suggest.

"No way. Cassie said she saw the pregnancy test in Jackie's bag. And it was positive." Aaliyah tells me.

"Well, good luck to her, I guess." I say as I open the door to my homeroom.

"I'm telling you. She's pregnant." Aaliyah says behind me.

"Alright." I tell her, raising my hand in fake surrender. I sit in my usual chair beside the window. Taking my phone out of my backpack, I plug the charger in the socket and the phone starts charging.

"How are things with you and Aaron?" Aaliyah asks me.

"Good." I tell her.

"People are saying he has a whole surprise planned for you for Valentine's." Aaliyah says and I stare at her, shocked.

"Really?" I ask her.

"Mhm. He met up with Fiona to customize a bunch of flowers for you." Aaliyah squeals and I smile at her.

"That's nice." I say, faking a smile.

"You're so lucky." She tells me.

"I know." I reply nodding. Glad she can't hear the sarcasm in my voice.

The class starts to get full and our homeroom teacher, Mr. Clay comes in.

"Good morning guy, sorry I'm a little bit late. My wife went into labor last night and she had the baby." He tells s and the whole class cheers.

"Congratulations, Mr. Clay." I tell him.

"Thank you, Jasmine." He says, smiling at me.

"The guidance counselor gave me your reports for last week and everyone seems to be doing great. I'm just going to take the attendance before I go." He says, flipping through the class register.

"Aaliyah De'latore?" Mr. Clay calls out.

"Present." Aaliyah says beside me.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out. Aaron texted me.

"I need to talk to you. Meet me in the art room at noon." The text reads.

What could he possibly want to talk about?

And what could be so important that he couldn't wait until school was over?

I open Instagram and the first picture I see is Cardi B posing with her Birkin bag. The things I would do to have one of those.

Everyone in this school thinks I'm rich and privileged like they are just because I'm dating Aaron. If they only knew.

"Jasmine." Aaliyah says beside me.

"Huh?" I say, looking at her.

"Mr. Clay called your name. But don't worry, I answered for you." She tells me and I nod.

"Thanks."

"What were you doing anyway?" She inquires.

"Texting Aaron." I tell her.