Chapter 28: Reason.

Chapter 28: Reason.

"Hey, Jasmine." Gustavo calls out to me. I run to him and I hug him. It's a weird sight seeing him around the club and not at the bar. He has an arm cast on, so I don't squeeze too hard as I hug him.

"You look so good. I'm sorry about your hand." I tell him.

"It's not my first time getting shot, so I kinda knew I'll be fine." He says and I stare at him with wide eyes.

"Oh really, so you're about that life?" I ask him, chuckling. He just shrugs and I laugh at his antics.

"It was nice seeing that you're fine and healthy. Duty calls. I have an audience to entertain." I say, patting his shoulder and he hisses.

"I'm so sorry." I say, staring at him in concern.

"I'm just fucking with you. Go knock 'em dead, kid." He says before I walk past him, heading to my section.

I see the guests waiting for me and I say hi to some of the regulars as I head for the stage. I climb onto the stage and a spotlight shines its light on me as the music starts. I saunter towards the metallic pole and I climb it. Posing on the pole before I take it for a spin. I work the pole and I hear the crowd cheering as I spin faster. I slow down and grind my body on the pole.

I get off the pole and get on my knees, feeling up on myself. I crawl to the edge of the stage and I stare at the man in a suit, standing in front of the stage with money in his hand. I tell him to tuck it in the side of my panties and he does that. Crawling on all fours, I head back to the pole. I work my way up to the pole from the floor and the audience cheers for me.

After my set, I am drying my wet hair with a towel when I see Christopher walking up to me.

"Hey, you." He says, smiling at me.

"Hey." I say, staring at him.

"What you're doing right now?" He says, smirking.

"Nothing, why?" I ask him.

"We have some deliveries to make." He informs me.

"Already?" I ask him, shocked.

"Yup. I hate that I'm dragging you into this." He tells me, looking down.

I sling the towel over my shoulder and I touch his chest. He looks at me.

"Hey, don't be hard on yourself. I chose to be your partner in crime, remember?" I tell him.

"You don't deserve to be around this mess." He continues.

"But I chose to be. Now, let's go." I say, grabbing my backpack. Christopher leads me to his car outside and we get in. He looks tense as he drives out of the premises.

"Cheer up, would ya?" I quip.

"I'm not exactly thrilled that I'm being blackmailed to deliver and sell drugs." He tells me and I nod.

"But it's already happened. We'll get through this." I tell him, holding his hand. He looks up at me and I smile at him.

"So, where are we going?" I ask him, intrigued.

"Two blocks down. That's the customer's address."

"Where're the goods?" I ask and he points to the backseat.

I turn around and I see a duffle bag sitting on the backseat chair. Grabbing it, I go through the bag, scanning its contents.

"That's a lot of drugs." I tell him.

"Well, our job is to sell and not ask questions." He says, driving into a street.

"We're gonna get through this, you know that right?" I tell him.