Chapter 9: Mesh.

Chapter 9: Mesh.

I throw the trash bag in the trashcan before I turn around. My breath catches in my throat as I gasp.

"A-aron, what are you doing here?" I ask him.

How did he find my house?

"So, this is it huh?" He says, "This is your real house."

"Who told you I live here?" I ask him.

"Aaliyah." He says, leaning against the brick wall.

Of course.

"Well, you need to leave before my mother comes out here." I tell him, folding my arms.

"Oh, your immigrant mother who's undocumented, that same one?" He asks, staring at me.

"What the fuck are you getting at?" I ask him, stepping closer to him.

"I got word that you're still hanging out with that Miles boy. If you keep doing that I'll have no choice but to call immigration on your sweet little mother. But if you act right and be the perfect little girlfriend you know you are, then your momsy will breathe in America's fresh air for decades to come." He tells me with a smile on his face.

"You've come here to blackmail me because you think I'm doing something with Miles?" I ask him.

"Yup." He says, popping the P.

"Wow." I say, stepping back.

"Look, I know you're probably on your period or something that's why you've been acting out lately. And as your boyfriend I'm worried about you, so I devised this plan to make you really choose who you value more. Me or Miles?" He asks with a sinister smile on his face.

"As my boyfriend, you shouldn't be sleeping with my best friend, but I guess we can't all get what we want now, can we?" I say, smiling at him.

"Don't you fucking talk about her." He yells, coming closer.

"You have issues." I tell him, rolling my eyes at him.

"You better act accordingly or else the next time you'll be seeing your dear mother will be through a phone screen." He tells me before he walks past me, brushing his shoulder against mine.

I don't say another word, I just go inside and start getting ready to work. I'm excited to see Christopher. He'll take my mind off of all this drama. I shove my heels into my big brown bag and I unplug my charger from the socket on the wall. Walking out of my bedroom, I see my mother laying on the couch fast asleep. I kiss her forehead and I step back staring at her.

"I'm doing this all for you, Mom." I mutter to myself.

My Uber driver is waiting for me when I ate outside. I get inside the car and play candy crush on my phone. The drive uptown is long, but I endure. I'll be out of that house in no time. I just have to keep working.

Paying the driver, I get down from the car. Walking to the front of the club, the music inside literally makes me cover my ears. It's so loud.

"Hey Jaz." Philip, one of the bouncers says as he smiles at me.

"Hi. Club's packed today, huh?" I ask him.

From the look of things, I can see that. The line out here was pretty long, it went around the block.

"Yeah. There's a guest today. Some tech billionaire guy." He informs me.

"Hmm. Now wouldn't you like that to be you? Shutting down clubs at your arrival. Having people wait and stand in a long line that wraps around the block, for you?" I ask him.