Chapter 17: Go figure.

My eyes flutter open and I look around the room I'm in. The decor is all white and I look down. I'm in a bed, but it's not my bed. I turn around and I see Richard.

"Shit." I mutter to myself as memories from last night come rushing in. After Richard and I left the club, we came to his house and one thing led to another. His head was in-between my legs and vice versa. And now we're here.

The aftermath of my irresponsible actions.

I didn't mean to give it up like that, not it's been so long and he had this mature aura about him. But that doesn't still excuse what I did. He could have HIV for all I know.

I sit up on the bed before I get out. My bare feet touch the floor and I hiss. It's so cold. The curtains by the floor-to-ceiling glass window are open, providing me with an amazing view of the city. I stand in front of the glass and just look down. We're so high up.

"Hey." I hear Richard say behind me before he hugs me from behind, his morning wood grazing my butt.

"Hi." I say, leaning into him.

"Last night was amazing." He tells me and I smile. I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck, standing on my tippy toes just so I can reach him.

"I don't normally act like that. I don't go home with customers you know." I tell him.

"Well, I'm glad you took a chance on me because you made me feel so special." He says and I giggle.

"Says the man who gave me three orgasms." I say, kissing his cheek.

"What can I say?" He says, shrugging. "It comes with age." I smack him on the shoulder, laughing. He wraps his hand around my waist before he picks me up.

"How about you show me some more?" I ask him.

"Gladly." He says, leading me to the bed.

***

"Where the fuck have you been?" Chanel asks me as she sees me walking into the chemistry lab. I literally just got to school at 11 am.

"I was busy." I tell her, yawning.

"Well, while you were busy this happened." She says, showing me a video on her phone. At first, I don't understand what I'm looking at, but then I see that it's a video of Aaliyah and Aaron having sex in his car.

Go figure.

"Amazing." I say, faking a smile.

"You need to cut that nigga loose." She says and I chuckle.

The white girl beside us gasps and Chanel turns to look at her.

"Yeah, I can say it." Chanel tells her, pointing at her arm.

"I know." I admit.

"Then what are you waiting for? Break up with him at lunch." She tells me and I roll my eyes.

"It's complicated." I say.

"It's really not." She retorts.

"I'll talk to him." I tell her, wanting to put this topic to rest. I barely got any sleep and I am fucking sore.

"You better." She says, opening her textbook.

The school day goes by quickly and I am at the school parking lot with Chanel. She insisted on making me wait here until Aaron got out of practice.

"This is stupid." I tell her.

"It might be stupid, but it's for your own good." She says and I fold my hands as we wait.