Chapter 23: Worried.

Chapter 23: Worried.

"Any pain?" The doctor asks me as she checks between my legs.

"Not since I got the stitches taken out. No." I answer as I lay back.

This is my third session with my gynecologist. After I was raped at the club, Bella took me to the hospital and I got checked. Turns out I had some tears in my vagina due to the forced entry.

Love that for me.

"The swelling has gone down. I think you're healing perfectly." She tells, standing up.

"Have you talked to Mrs. Clark yet?" She asks, staring at me.

"No. I don't need a therapist. I told you, I'm fine." I tell her.

"Jasmine, you were raped at your place of work. You need to talk to somebody that's not me." She tells me.

"Well, that has happened to a lot of women, hasn't it?" I quip.

"That doesn't make it normal or okay." She says, sitting beside me in the bed.

"You need to find a way to deal with this trauma." She advises.

"Well, I pay you to be my doctor, not my mom." I tell her. "Can we finish up here, I have to get to school."

"Sure." She says, nodding. She gets up and walks to the metal tray on the table. I let out a tired sigh as my head hits the pillow.

***

"Hey, you." Chanel says as she walks beside me.

"Hi." I say, avoiding her eyes.

"You've been M.I.A for a while now. We had a test." Chanel tells me.

"Yeah, Aaron told me about that." I inform her.

"Oh, you're still seeing him?" She asks as we walk down the hallway.

"My mother's still undocumented, so yes." I tell her.

"I'm sorry, I even asked. Would you like to come over for dinner tonight? We're having crab legs." She says, looking at me, waiting for my response.

"What because I'm black you assume crab legs would make me come over for dinner?" I ask her, folding my arms.

"Girl please, I'm black too." She retorts.

"I'm just fucking with you." I interrupt. "I'll be there."

"Thanks." She says before we walk into class.

Lunch rolls around and I'm seated with Aaron, Chanel, and Christian. We're all joking around and laughing until Aaliyah walks up to the table.

"What do you want?" Chanel snaps at her.

"Chill." Christian says, holding her arm.

"You've been avoiding me, Aaron." Aaliyah says, looking straight at Aaron.

"For a reason." He says, glaring at her. "Can we not do this here?" He asks her.

"No, you've been shutting me out." She says. "I'm not leaving until you talk to me." Aaliyah says before she sits beside Christian on the table.

"No, the fuck you're not." Chanel says, trying to grab Aaliyah. Christian stops her.

"Chanel, please calm down." I tell her.

"She's trying to rub their little tryst in your face." Chanel whispers to me.

"Even though." I retort.

"Aaron, just talk to her, so she'll leave." I say, touching his forearm. He shakes my hand off and I stare at him.

"Let's go, Aaliyah." Aaron says as he stands up from our table. He and Aaliyah leave the cafeteria.