Chapter 25: Yellow.

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."

- William Shakespeare.

Chapter 25: Yellow.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Miles asks me and I chuckle.

"Go. You've done enough for me. And Chanel is on her way, so I won't be alone." I tell him and he nods. He walks over to the hospital bed and kisses my forehead.

"Okay. But call me if anything happens." He says, brushing my cheek with his thumb.

"Sure." I tell him.

He grabs his jacket from the sofa and waves me goodbye before he leaves. I rest my head on the pillow and stare out the window.

A few days ago, Miles brought me to this hospital. I was fully unconscious, so I don't remember any of it. But I do know that Aaron beat the shit out of me that day. Miles said he was passing by the gym and he saw me there, lifeless on the floor. He called an ambulance and they brought me here.

The police questioned me when I woke up three days ago, Chanel called them. She wants to know who did this to me. I lied and told her and the police that I didn't see anything and that the person had a black mask on. They ate that shit up. I can't risk telling them the truth, Aaron still has something over me. He can get my mother deported. And lying is just easier for me.

My injuries are minimal. I just suffered three broken ribs, a concussion, and a cracked skull, but apart from that, I feel totally fine. My mother keeps bringing me home-cooked meals every day. She's probably on her way here. I'm not complaining hospital food sucks.

"Hey, sleepy head." Chanel says and I turn my head towards the door.

"Hi." I say. My voice is so raspy.

"You look better." She tells me and I roll my eyes.

"I feel like shit." I tell her.

"I brought you flowers." She says, waving the flowers in her hands.

"Lillies." I chirp.

"At least I did something right today." She says, sarcastically.

"I'm sorry I've been mean to you for the past few days, it's the broken rib." I apologize.

She laughs and sits beside me.

"I have news." She says, staring at me.

"What are you waiting for? Get on with it." I tell her.

"Jackie gave birth." She says and I gasp.

"Damn, I thought she just got pregnant." I ask her confused.

"Turns out she hid that shit until she was seven months in. That's when we all found out." Chanel clarifies.

"That's crazy." I say, holding my side as I laugh.

"You can't laugh." Chanel says, laughing beside me.

"I know. It hurts so bad." I say, chuckling.

A knock is heard and I stare at the door.

It's Richard.

He's wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. I told him to be discreet when coming here.

"Can we help you?" Chanel asks rudely beside me.

"Chill, I know him." I whisper.

"Can I come in?" He asks and I sit up.