Chapter 10: Slope.

Chapter 10: Slope.

"Don't let me fall." I yell as I get on the skateboard with Miles on it.

Miles is teaching me how to skate. We're currently at a skate park.

"We're definitely going to fall if you keep clinging on to me like that." He tells me and I groan.

"I'm just scared, okay? I've never done this before." I tell him.

"That's what she said." He mutters under his breath.

"Shut up." I say, hitting his chest.

Miles uses his other leg that's not on the skateboard to create some friction before he sends me and the skateboard flying, stepping off of it as it starts moving.

"Oh My God. Why did you do that?" I ask him as the nightmare on wheels sped down the slope. I let out screams of fear as I approach a wall.

"Brake." I hear Miles yell.

"How am I supposed to do that, there are no brakes on this thing." I yell back.

"Just jump off." He tells me and I jump off the skateboard and land on my ankle.

Perfect.

Just perfect.

"Are you okay?" Miles asks as he stands in front of me.

"Well, I just fucked up my ankle thanks to you." I tell him.

"Thanks to me? You're the one that wanted to learn how to skate. You basically made me bring you here after school." He says, staring at me.

"Yeah, I wanted to learn. But that was before you almost pushed me to my death." I say as he helps me up.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, you have good form." He tells me and I glare at him.

"No, no it doesn't." I say, scowling at him. "Can you just help me get on the bus?"

"I'll order an Uber." He says before he pulls out his phone from his back pocket.

Subsequently, I made it home. My aunt is around. Thank God. I've been meaning to talk to her. I limp inside my home and I walk to the living room.

"Hey, auntie." I chirp before I take a seat beside her on the sofa.

"Hey. I barely see you nowadays. It's like you're a ghost." She tells me and I smile at her.

"Yeah, I'm always working I know. Which is why I actually wanted to talk to you." I tell her and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" She asks me.

"Well, you know mum doesn't have her papers yet and you said you had a connect who could get her papers." I say and she nods.

"I wanted to know how much it would cost?" I ask her.

"Dear child, it's so sweet of you to want to do this for your mother, but the money isn't something you or I can afford." She tells me.

"I know, I just want to know how much it is." I say, staring at her.

"Twenty thousand dollars." She says and I almost choke on my saliva.

"Wow." I exclaim and she nods.

"It's an outrageous amount, but that's what my connect is demanding." She tells me. "And why are you asking me all these questions anyway?" She asks and I shrug.

"Just curious." I tell her before I stand up, grabbing my backpack from the floor.

"Your food's on the kitchen counter." She says.